"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

I'd post my last video here but I was riding angry that day and dropped a few F Bombs. I couldn't even edit them out so posted it on YouTube as is with a disclaimer [emoji38]
Its upsetting to me how the world of dirt biking is changing. A lot of our riding places have been closed down forcing more people into smaller places. We now have to all have registered dirt bikes with all sorts of insurance and the list goes on. All this because of the few who ruin it for the many. The day I made the last video I showed up to my favorite spot, began to unload my bike and a fellow riding came by warning everyone that the Forestry Department Duche was handing out $600-$700 fines to everyone who didnt gave plates, decals and insurance. When I bought my new Husky FX350 I got it with street legal status cause I thought it would add value to the bike. Now it cannot be turned into an offroad bike with cheaper insurance needs without being decommissioned by ICBC and reregistered. I had been procastinating doing it for too long and didnt have it done for that ride. So I had to load up and burn down to get it all legal before I could ride. Cost me $500, that put me in a mood and came out in the ride. Was lucky to actually make it home in one piece [emoji38]
There... did that change the topic ?

• Like 5

In Montana, you buy a permanent sticker for off road use. If riding a dirt bike on streets, you buy a permanent license (one time fee) and have to have a motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license. I don't think it's enforced too much though cause I see people riding without a license plate all the time. Nonresidents purchase an annual permit for $27. SD and ID are exempt.
(I just looked this up. I was mistaken in what I told the Moab group.)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

It is different in every state.  In Kansas you don't have to have anything to ride off road, except I think the public areas require a helmet.

You would think that ALL our Kansas freedom would have people clamoring to experience Kansas Hard enduro! :thumbsup: BTW are emojis allowed in the over the hill Moab thread?  When I was a kid you weren't allowed to have emotions and if you did you typed them. Smiley face with tears of joy. 

• Like 4

You would think that ALL our Kansas freedom would have people clamoring to experience Kansas Hard enduro! ? BTW are emojis allowed in the over the hill Moab thread?  When I was a kid you weren't allowed to have emotions and if you did you typed them. Smiley face with tears of joy. 
STFU. OFC, emojis are allowed, but texting acronyms will totally confuse me [emoji12]
  • Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:27 PM, Weezer the Geezer said:

Where do you live in Missouri?  Come over to Manhattan or Milford sometime and ride with us.  We usually plan the times on the Kansas Check In thread.  With the aid of ibuprophien I think my knee should be ready to go in a week or 2.  Maybe we can meet up with newk75 and some others.

St. Louis.

What riding areas are around Manhattan and Milford?

Ibuprofen, I will probably OD on the stuff after swinging a saw blade equipped, weed eater over four miles of trails today.

Have you ever been to White Rock Mountain, AR, Brock Creek, AR or Chadwick, MO riding areas? Generally, these areas can be ridden all year; summer can be a bit steamy, though.

Our idea is to have a thread related to trail riding only.  Several of us are not into the dirt racing scene.  We want the discussion to be at least loosely related to trail riding, trail bikes,

Thanks Weezer. Even though I am into the racing scene, I'm glad we're not discussing racing every Saturday night. I hate spoilers so I would stay off TT to avoid them. Now I can just stick to this thread on Saturday nights.

What about discussion of races we are personally entering that are more of the trail riding, enduro type?
  • Like 3

This is Golden Valley AZ, if you look close you can see my place, it's the one with all the goats, alpacas, pot belly pigs and Tony Llama waving at you.

IMG_20180421_110757.jpg.4ccb5652fea35e6fd5065afa4481f788.jpg

The open desert is about 1/2 mile north of me. Rough duty but someone has to do it.

Edited by irme42day
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, 2strokeYardSale said:

Well I guess none of you geezers are going to hold my camera and record me riding around the arch. When I was there in 2016 there was a fence of sorts.

Here's a ride with some young whippersnappers...

That looks awesome where is that at ? Pretty tough looking but doable!

11 minutes ago, 2strokeYardSale said:

Well I guess none of you geezers are going to hold my camera and record me riding around the arch. When I was there in 2016 there was a fence of sorts.

AFAIK doing anything like that on an arch or natural bridge, fenced or not, has been illegal for many, many years.  Ignorance of the law is not a valid excuse.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 2strokeYardSale said:

That looks like some of Colten Haaker's training trails. Is that California?