Weezer the Geezer

"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

7 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

:cry: Have a great time guys. Weezer was courteous enough to invite me on the Sargents ride but my wife was concerned about a possible storm in the Gulf so I had to back out. Then this morning a nephews wife died suddenly in her sleep from a possible blood clot. Perfect health in her FORTIES up to this point. Nephew totally scrambled thinking this has to be a dream that he can't wake up from.  About know I would be making a U-Turn somewhere in CO  to head back for the services. My message is if you can work things out comfortably take every opportunity to enjoy what you love. We NEVER EVER know.

I am very sorry to hear about this.  I will say an extra prayer for you and your family.  I wouldn't know what I would do without my wife, especially at that young of an age.  There will be other rides, not sure when, but we will keep you in the loop.  

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Very much appreciated, and the prayers are a huge thing in this family. Thanks to all of you.

So sorry to hear about that.  A HUGE slam in life.  Did they have children?

Sorry it took so long to respond.  I notice you posted that 7 hours ago, but I never got notice in email.  That's been happening a lot lately. 

• Like 1

No children,  this was a second time around for both. They did have children prior. From the outside looking in it appeared they were in a relationship we all hope for in life. Recently bought a nice travel trailer and were camping constantly, enjoying life together with their new Husky pup. I see some rough times ahead for the nephew.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

No children,  this was a second time around for both. They did have children prior. From the outside looking in it appeared they were in a relationship we all hope for in life. Recently bought a nice travel trailer and were camping constantly, enjoying life together with their new Husky pup. I see some rough times ahead for the nephew.

Sorry to hear about your nephews wife they re in our prayers.

• Like 2

Maybe next spring we can get a ride together down in Colorado near the border of NM weather should be good in the springtime down there. Mary and Kurt could probably hook us up on some nice trails I'm sure Kurt knows his way around down in that area. It could take the place of the regular Moab ride.

Edited by Huskydog14
  • Like 3

Maybe next spring we can get a ride together down in Colorado near the border of NM weather should be good in the springtime down there. Mary and Kurt could probably hook us up on some nice trails I'm sure Kurt knows his way around down in that area. It could take the place of the regular Moab ride.
Not that I wouldn't like to ride with you guys in this area, but the good trails around here are mountain trails that aren't usually open until summer. I'm sure there are trails in New Mexico, but I don't know the area well enough. I'm sure Kurt would know some, but CJ is the man to ask about that. Kurt and I are planning on doing Moab again in the spring, about the third week in March. Maybe a fall trip would be better for this area. The mountains are rideable and the sand in New Mexico is rideable because it's not so hot.

Here's a couple of pics from our ride yesterday.

I'm sorry about your nephew's wife, Piney. You and your family are in my prayers.20180916_150958.jpeg20180916_150934.jpeg20180916_150844.jpeg
  • Like 7

BG is right.  We have been to southern Colorado in June and some trails weren't open.  And when the snow is melting, the mosquitos are bad.

I'm leaving for Sargents, Co. In the morning.  It's supposed to be a nice week with highs in the 70s.  Will go Jeeping the first day, and then trailrydr is going to join me, and hopefully jsned.  And anyone else that wants to come along.  LOL, but don't expect any hard and fast riding in the gnarly stuff!

• Like 2

Just got home.  The little bit of riding we did was great, the weather and scenery beautifull, and trailrydr9 is a great riding partner.  But a couple of small disappointments.  Will process the pictures and give a more full report later.  But I will say now that the Sargents and Taylor park areas that join each other, are tremendous riding areas.  For all around riding experience, in my estimation, it equals or surpasses Moab.  And if you like trees and mountains, it is absolutely beautiful. But hey, don't tell anyone, or it will become as crowded as Moab! 

Edited by Weezer the Geezer
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

Just got home.  The little bit of riding we did was great, the weather and scenery beautifull, and trailrydr9 is a great riding partner.  But a couple of small disappointments.  Will process the pictures and give a more full report later.  But I will say now that the Sargents and Taylor park areas that join each other, are tremendous riding areas.  For all around riding experience, in my estimation, it equals or surpasses Moab.  And if you like trees and mountains, it is absolutely beautiful. But hey, don't tell anyone, or it will become as crowded as Moab! 

Hope alls ok. Did ya run into our friend Marc??  He too was down there last week...still there I think.  And another guy I know too. The Colorado high country is hard to beat for scenery and your timing shoulda been good for the colors from what I've seen.

I'll bet the mornings were chilly.  We went to TP in October once....frost on the pumpkins (errr...KTMs) every morning. Nice cool days tho!!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dmac1 said:

Hope alls ok. Did ya run into our friend Marc??  He too was down there last week...still there I think.  And another guy I know too. The Colorado high country is hard to beat for scenery and your timing shoulda been good for the colors from what I've seen.

I'll bet the mornings were chilly.  We went to TP in October once....frost on the pumpkins (errr...KTMs) every morning. Nice cool days tho!!  

The scenery was fantastic! No one is hurt. We did meet Marc. He came up to us and said you must be Stan... I was very cautious at that point, cause I had no idea who he was or how he knew me. Then he explained how he knew us. Lol! I will let Weezer tell the rest of the story, but I am going to put just a few pictures up, just in case someone might be on the fence about getting out this weekend. I will be back there again for sure! The sooner the better in fact... 

20180921_151902.thumb.jpg.678547cedfa51c192784fbe678fcbe58.jpg

20180921_145703.jpg.5926d8ea6a5e93c3160a411a8ac5530f.jpg

20180921_144827.thumb.jpg.8bf7baa6e9eaadf54c638c305cb2f3b7.jpg

20180921_135913.jpg.db9a329b06bc18f197a5bb1f6219beca.jpg

20180921_125244.jpg.d9c62dc487bc196ad78421fd7f7290b3.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, trailrydr9 said:

The scenery was fantastic! No one is hurt. We did meet Marc. He came up to us and said you must be Stan... I was very cautious at that point, cause I had no idea who he was or how he knew me. Then he explained how he knew us. Lol! I will let Weezer tell the rest of the story, but I am going to put just a few pictures up, just in case someone might be on the fence about getting out this weekend. I will be back there again for sure! The sooner the better in fact... 

20180921_151902.thumb.jpg.678547cedfa51c192784fbe678fcbe58.jpg

20180921_145703.jpg.5926d8ea6a5e93c3160a411a8ac5530f.jpg

20180921_144827.thumb.jpg.8bf7baa6e9eaadf54c638c305cb2f3b7.jpg

20180921_135913.jpg.db9a329b06bc18f197a5bb1f6219beca.jpg

20180921_125244.jpg.d9c62dc487bc196ad78421fd7f7290b3.jpg

Awesome pics!  Nice rocky uphill there!  I think the flora at Sargents is cooler than at TP. Its more diverse. Both are great tho.

Hopefully we can meet down there some day. Sooo many rides....sooo little time.

And yeah...once you get to retirement age....you think you'll have more time, but then other crap starts getting in the way.

As someone once said, "Its not the destination, its the journey".

• Like 3

Yep, its amazing how obstacles to riding/playing pop up. I have always believed that when I was working I scheduled fun time better and stuck to it unless something drastic happened. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

Yep, its amazing how obstacles to riding/playing pop up. I have always believed that when I was working I scheduled fun time better and stuck to it unless something drastic happened. 

Don't let him fool you, he rides more than about anyone on TT. :smirk:

• Like 2

Our problem was the dang finicky carburetor on my 150.  Got it rideable, but never like it should have been.  Got some "have to do" stuff right now.  Will give a more detailed report and picts later.

• Like 1

Greetings all! I have been reading and enjoying your rides. Is there anybody who has or intends on heading to the Eastern Sierras once the weather cools a bit? I have been ridding there for years. Beautiful areas.   Mark

IMG_1469.JPG

IMG_1487.JPG

• Like 6