Weezer the Geezer

"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

Great pics, info and stories from you youngsters. Have ridden Idaho twice, Moab is hopefully in the quasi near future.

• Like 2

I might have to join you guys sometime. My sons have grown up and moved away, so I don't have them to ride with much. Luckily my youngest is moving to Colorado, where we love to ride. 63 years old, need to retire, so I can ride more! My Big Red Pig fits me fine. Santa Claus, Indiana. Nice pics of Moab!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Robert Malcolm John Livingstone said:

yeah ya could go mad there on a trials scoot heaps of fun to be had

1974-Suzuki-RL250-OrangeSilver-4889-0.jpg

1975-yamaha-ty175.jpg

I gave an identical brand new 175 yamaha to my wife as a wedding present. 

• Like 4

Even though Pitbull mentioned my unfortunate wrong turn that got me into trouble last year, I will tell you he has some great videos.  Perhaps he will post what he did in Moab last year, and I know he has some nice ones of rides in Canada.  Pitbull, how do we hook up with those?
Hey Weezer, good to see you got this thread up and going to replace the other one that turned into some kind of Twittering platform Here is a link to the only Moab video that I finished. I have a ton of footage but never got around to making more videos from it. That was a good time riding with you guys, very sad I'm not there again this year.

• Like 8

One to avoid, haha: Riding Crab Flats, near Running Springs (San Berdoo Mtns). EZ fun ride in the pines via fire roads. Avoid White Mountain Trail; motorcycle hell. We tried it as a short cut...bad idea. Posted as a jeep trail, expert. I knew better, but...For those of u in restricted Calif land, this is nice ride and ez to get to.20171104_132304.jpg20171104_110126.jpgWhite%20mountain.jpg

• Like 7

Twittering platform  ???
Lol, yes the other thread has simply turned into a place for a half dozen people to text all day every day non-stop. It moves 10-15 pages a day. I try to follow it and even chime in once in a while but its usually just a conversation between a few guys. AKA Twitter like that so called social media App where people feel they need to share every thought they have and pictures of everything they do regardless of context. They're good guys but the thread is out of control and definitely way off what Weezer 1st tried to get going.
  • Like 4

One to avoid, haha: Riding Crab Flats, near Running Springs (San Berdoo Mtns). EZ fun ride in the pines via fire roads. Avoid White Mountain Trail; motorcycle hell. We tried it as a short cut...bad idea. Posted as a jeep trail, expert. I knew better, but...For those of u in restricted Calif land, this is nice ride and ez to get to.20171104_132304.jpg.fe9671c054174e93aec7cbb2e1c7a6c4.jpg20171104_110126.jpg.87e6134cd4ac041b47466a19bc542373.jpg5ad75071d4dad_White20mountain.jpg.ba6337d51675d7cc43437f3a9463c4f9.jpg
That hill looks like a fun ride, I love stuff like that.
  • Like 6

That hill looks like a fun ride, I love stuff like that.
After a couple of hours of that we were all gassed. It was brake, foot down, slow up on the pegs. At first fun, but it never ended, haha. I'm in decent shape (57), but 2 hours of it kicked my ass. Riding the DRZ was a bad idea too (my son was on my XR). Came out w/a cast on my right ankle, lol. Still a great day!!
  • Like 6

What is Erzberg?
Not sure. We are so diversified on terrain here in the South West, but there are so many gates and restricted land regs. Suprised we can ride at all! Still lots of fun and legal areas.

3 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

DO they run any Erzberg type events out that way ?  :D

Not as far as I know.  I've not even heard if there's an off road motorcycle club based out of Moab.  I gather the large majority of riders on the trails around Moab are visiting from other states.  They do host a very large Jeep event, the Easter Jeep Safari.  And they host some mountain bike races.

Edited by 99klr250
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

DO they run any Erzberg type events out that way ?  :D

They run an Enduro-X event.

http://discovermoab.com/event/moto-mayhem/

They also used to have a triathlon type of race that had dirt bikes, jet ski's, and either Timbersleds, or snowmobiles, all in one event.  I do not see any postings about this for this year though.

• Like 2