Weezer the Geezer

"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

4 hours ago, trailrydr9 said:

Hey do you want me to ride it up for you?  Lol!  That is some crazy stuff you ride on!

I got an idea....lets you n me go up there with em but you and I will get a head start to go set up some cameras to make sure to capture all the angles. It looks steep on helmet cam, it must be crazy steep in person!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, dmac1 said:

I got an idea....lets you n me go up there with em but you and I will get a head start to go set up some cameras to make sure to capture all the angles. It looks steep on helmet cam, it must be crazy steep in person!

Dang straight!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dmac1 said:

I can only imagine how much crap can be talked while watching these vids while drinking at night. Then you show up and you're like ....DAMN! that is so much gnarlier than the pictures, no way I'm going up that....you know that old football injury of mine...never been quite right since ya know....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TigerTanker said:

I can only imagine how much crap can be talked while watching these vids while drinking at night. Then you show up and you're like ....DAMN! that is so much gnarlier than the pictures, no way I'm going up that....you know that old football injury of mine...never been quite right since ya know....

Sometimes the videos look like the guys are drinking while riding.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

Sometimes the videos look like the guys are drinking while riding.

Some of those videos look like you would have to be drinking to think "oh well that looks like a good idea"...I don't honestly think I would want to walk up some of that with just a camera in my hand.  But if even one says "Hey Y'all, Watch This!"  Well someone has got to get the footage somehow I guess...😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, dmac1 said:

Check this one out. Chalk up one for the old guys. To make a long story short, can't ride here any more. Private property sold to the public parks as of December.  My neighbor and I kept trying stuff that was harder and harder to get up. We made up names for the stuff like The Knoll, Rock Face, Dust Bowl, OMG, OMG 2, Rat Bast@rd, No Way.  This last hill he dreamed up I named the "Path of Righteousness" and my 30+ something neighbor riding buddy (good rider, make no mistake) never cleared the top. But his old fart 50 something riding buddy made it over the top (me :) ) two or three times. Collectively we made well over 100 attempts. It will haunt him the rest of his life.

Edit - ha ha TT edited out the "F" in O M _ G

Edited by KaToomTime
  • Like 6
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, KaToomTime said:

Check this one out. Chalk up one for the old guys. To make a long story short, can't ride here any more. Private property sold to the public parks as of December.  My neighbor and I kept trying stuff that was harder and harder to get up. We made up names for the stuff like The Knoll, Rock Face, Dust Bowl, OMG, OMG 2, Rat Bast@rd, No Way.  This last hill he dreamed up I named the "Path of Righteousness" and my 30+ something neighbor riding buddy (good rider, make no mistake) never cleared the top. But his old fart 50 something riding buddy made it over the top (me :) ) two or three times. Collectively we made well over 100 attempts. It will haunt him the rest of his life.

Edit - ha ha TT edited out the "F" in O M _ G

I love the one at 2:00. Straight into that big tree!! LOL

Its clear to me what the difference in success is....the orange bike made the top, 3x in fact...the blue one...not so much!  😉

Flame on gang!  LMAO

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

Looks like crazy steep, right at the top?

Not crazy steep, but yeah pretty steep to be at the end, plus it all starts out really loose and loamy organic topsoil, this is not established tread so it's all about momentum. We had one called Rock Face, the last 20 feet or so averaged 45 degrees  How steep is that? Ever been on a 12:12 pitch roof. Can't really stand on em. It wasn't nearly as long but definitely a head trip. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

The step at Gifford, Domerie Peak Trail both come to mind.  That spot (haven't been there) at Naches with the little log steps coming up from the creek/river and the rope line to grab onto probably fits in that category too.

• Like 1

Dang cabin fever is making me do crazy things!  Hanging curtains for the wife today while waiting on parts for the new Beta.  Traded both my Hondas and a little cash for a 125 rr-s Enduro.  On order is a lowering kit and big bore kit to make it a 180.  This will be my 1st new bike (and probably my last) since my 1971 Suzuki 125 Duster Enduro.  I hope this bike is as durable as the old Zuki was!  If it is, it will outlast me!

Parts should be here later this week, and then hopefully we will have a couple of nice days so I can give it a real test.  Was able to ride it in a vacant area next to the dealer, but it wasn't a real test.  

If any of you live close enough, and looking for a new Beta, we have a great dealer in a small town in central Kansas.  He is a young guy who is a dirt bike enthusiast.  Is not in business just to get rich, and offers great deals, and honest advise.  Google, <Miller Cycle Shop, Inman, Kansas> to see his web site.  

• Like 7
  • Helpful 1

He has a couple of used Beta 390 RR-S too which is a great bike. It is a stroked 350 and lugs like a freight train. Chris is good people. 

• Like 2

I have a club going in our area. We are riding and building trails. We got about a month into this project and finally were able to ride about half of it. Extreme enduro in a mountainside clear cut.

Warning, adult riding situations and language

Nobody died, but plenty of bike damage...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Raging Petunia said:

He has a couple of used Beta 390 RR-S too which is a great bike. It is a stroked 350 and lugs like a freight train. Chris is good people. 

I forgot to mention this is where I bought my used CRF 230 a couple years ago.  It and my 150 will be available as soon as the Beta is ready to deliver.  And I will attach a photo of a CR 250 he has that is ready for woods riding.

20170212_213922.jpg

20180906_144313.jpg

20190124_132259.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Yokomo said:

He might sell that CR250R if he'd take the ugly decals off.

You are probably right.  Some people can't see past decals.  A guy I know who restores bikes and sells them has laughed about the attention some pay to decals, and how it helps to sell bikes.

To me, the decals and hand guards on it means it likely was not beat to death on a MX track.  And it may be a consignment sale, which he does a lot of.

Edited by Weezer the Geezer
  • Like 1

Oh that CR has been beaten at sometime in its life, MX, woods or just flat brimmers in the parking lot

52 minutes ago, kcposty said:

Oh that CR has been beaten at sometime in its life, MX, woods or just flat brimmers in the parking lot

And it looked like it may have spent some time sitting in a barn.

Hey Weez!  Congrats on the new bike!!!

In case you've not seen it yet, heres a short peek at one of our winter riding areas (its kinda like KS woods) to keep ya motivated!

Like you'll need that when you've got a new bike in the garage. LOL!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, dmac1 said:

Hey Weez!  Congrats on the new bike!!!

In case you've not seen it yet, heres a short peek at one of our winter riding areas (its kinda like KS woods) to keep ya motivated!

Like you'll need that when you've got a new bike in the garage. LOL!

It looks like a large version of my mini scrambles track.

• Like 1