Weezer the Geezer

"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

Me too...Mio, Luzurne, Oscoda, Atlanta!  

I ride mainly Atlanta area, I have a cabin just north of Atlanta east of M33 and I can ride right from my door.

• Like 2

Over the hill at 46???,,,,,,,,what a silly child you are! Welcome.

I certainly don’t feel over the hill, I just said that because someone said in beginning of the thread that 40 and up is over the hill LOL
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, 03mxz said:

I certainly don’t feel over the hill, I just said that because someone said in beginning of the thread that 40 and up is over the hill LOL

The Hill is a lot higher these days...

• Like 1

I ride mainly Atlanta area, I have a cabin just north of Atlanta east of M33 and I can ride right from my door.
Thats so cool man !...
I live in Oakland County, but stay at the Elk View Cabins to ride from. Hate coming home.

Thats so cool man !...
I live in Oakland County, but stay at the Elk View Cabins to ride from. Hate coming home.

Coming home is the worst . I live in Macomb, I’m hoping about 8 more years to retire and move to the cabin !
  • Like 2

Coming home is the worst . I live in Macomb, I’m hoping about 8 more years to retire and move to the cabin !
Amen

On 2/8/2019 at 7:48 AM, 03mxz said:

Since I feel like a total dirt bike addict let me start by saying ,
Hi everyone,
My name is Jason and I’m an over the hill dirt biker. Lol I’m 46 been riding my whole life, rode mx when younger and now just ride the trails in northern lower Michigan

Next time you need some body to ride with let me know. Try to get up there, but have a hard time getting my buddies to get out. What places do you ride most?  Sshhhhh

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

I'm jealous.  Mine has an old fashion carb.

EFI is the only reason I ever bought a 4T. However, adding electrical system maintenance to the todo list is not a high point.

• Like 1

I love riding the Atlanta area. As long as you're not being a nuisance, the law doesn't bother you.

Sorry to hear that so many here are snowed in, seems like a nasty winter this time. We've had a pretty mild one so far this year up till now. Just got hit with a cold front and the odd dusty of snow but nothing major. Power just went out here due to a massive wind storm so I'm thinking of things to do with myself now that I've got the genni fired up, coffee and breakfast made for the wife and have her setup with Netflix in bed with the dogs  :lol:

Without access to my PC I dont have any old bike pics or stories to share but I can share my last vid if anyone wants to kill 15min. Thinking of a Moab April road trip, not sure if I can make it happen but this time the wife wants to come.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pittbull said:

Sorry to hear that so many here are snowed in, seems like a nasty winter this time. We've had a pretty mild one so far this year up till now. Just got hit with a cold front and the odd dusty of snow but nothing major. Power just went out here due to a massive wind storm so I'm thinking of things to do with myself now that I've got the genni fired up, coffee and breakfast made for the wife and have her setup with Netflix in bed with the dogs  :lol:

Without access to my PC I dont have any old bike pics or stories to share but I can share my last vid if anyone wants to kill 15min. Thinking of a Moab April road trip, not sure if I can make it happen but this time the wife wants to come.

Yo Pit, a few of us are going to New Mexico in May, I know that would be a real haul for you. But also considering a fall Moab trip. Man if you go to Moab give me a shout,I have 8 weeks vacation this year so if I did it on tje cheap side I might be able to hit Moab in spring also. And if you do go I have been able to find some of the better riding trails that you would like. I could gibe you some directions.

You ever consider Idaho? 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Pittbull said:

Damn cool video, some day ill get up there

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jsned250 said:

Yo Pit, a few of us are going to New Mexico in May, I know that would be a real haul for you. But also considering a fall Moab trip. Man if you go to Moab give me a shout,I have 8 weeks vacation this year so if I did it on tje cheap side I might be able to hit Moab in spring also. And if you do go I have been able to find some of the better riding trails that you would like. I could gibe you some directions.

You ever consider Idaho? 

Hey bud, long time no see. I'm desperately wanting a road trip again, always wanted to see New Mexico and so has the wife. That's one heck of a trip though. There was a TT Team trip to Idaho a couple years back, guys had an amazing time and I've always been sad I couldn't do it. Short riding season three though. A lot of high country and plenty of snow pack. Idaho would have to be a summer thing but not out of the question. I'm able to ride but shoulder is still very weak, no way I'd be able to lift my bike out of a bad situation. Riding up ridiculous mountain terrain may be out of the picture for me for a while. Only reason I can do what I do now is from the tiny bit of skill I have left and a good bike that does all the work. Lovin this FX350, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pittbull said:

but I can share my last vid if anyone wants to kill 15min. 

Nice video. I like the camera angle and the bike doesn't intrude too much. I can't watch a video that has a fixed object (visor, handlebars, etc.) that is constantly in view.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

20190208_135910.jpg.9cd1425984f7c209e08b7cfab868f9cf.jpg

Back alley deal closed!  Ready to take it home in my high dollar trailer.  This is my 2nd new bike.  The 1st one was in 1971.  LOL, at 77 years of age, this will probably be my last.20190208_135902.jpg.36aef05df0d6c8da3d7edf0bebb88dc0.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup: times '73!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jsned250 said:

Next time you need some body to ride with let me know. Try to get up there, but have a hard time getting my buddies to get out. What places do you ride most?  Sshhhhh

Getting buddies to ride can be very very frustrating as the years go by. Its my biggest issue and why 95% of my riding is alone. Only time I can really count on having someone around is at the races. 

• Like 4

10 inches of snow today here in Puyallup, WA..... I guess I'm going to have to join a gym to stay in shape enough to be ready for my race season (which has started but I missed the first one due to a knee injury)..... 

Used to deer hunt/camp at Rouse & 622.
Some beautiful country !

Yeah for sure, my place is just outside millersburg, so we usually ride south from my place towards Atlanta until we get to 624 by Clear lake and head north to the el-bo inn to top off gas on the way back. My buddy has a cabin next door who rides too, we usually do a couple big rides a year where we have 10-12 people go. Always a good time
  • Like 1