Weezer the Geezer

"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

2 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Anyone know the technical language of a license plate on the back? Can it be mounted flat on the rear fender, or must it be angled to show itself clearly? Rode with a guy that had his flat on the rear fender, really cool and totally out of the way and unlikely to get damaged or cut someone. 

In AZ, most dirt bikes get it mounted sideways oñ the back fender, some put it under the fender and over the shock mud flap

3 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Anyone know the technical language of a license plate on the back? Can it be mounted flat on the rear fender, or must it be angled to show itself clearly? Rode with a guy that had his flat on the rear fender, really cool and totally out of the way and unlikely to get damaged or cut someone. 

Don't know all of it for WA, but I do know it states that the plate has to be mounted horizontally.

Read this and get even more confused.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.16A.200

The lowered seat and skid plate are on order, but otherwise it is almost finished.  The dealer put some cute little turn signals on the rear that look like kittens ears.  And I found a couple for the front that almost match.  Much better looking than the stock ones on the flimsy long stems.  And I welded a large flat washer on the skinny little kick stand bottom to keep it from sinking in the sand.

Rode it today long enough to get a good feel for it.  I love the way it handles, except the rear spring is too strong for my weight.   And it has a bog at low rpm that adjusting the idle mixture screw did not help.  But after the momentary bog it comes on real well.  Back to the dealer for the bog problem, And to see how much a lighter rear spring would run.  

As is, full of gas, it weighs 234 lbs.

20190213_163910.jpg

20190213_164049.jpg

20190213_163800.jpg

• Like 6
  • Helpful 2

The lowered seat and skid plate are on order, but otherwise it is almost finished.  The dealer put some cute little turn signals on the rear that look like kittens ears.  And I found a couple for the front that almost match.  Much better looking than the stock ones on the flimsy long stems.  And I welded a large flat washer on the skinny little kick stand bottom to keep it from sinking in the sand.
Rode it today long enough to get a good feel for it.  I love the way it handles, except the rear spring is too strong for my weight.   And it has a bog at low rpm that adjusting the idle mixture screw did not help.  But after the momentary bog it comes on real well.  Back to the dealer for the bog problem, And to see how much a lighter rear spring would run.  
20190213_163910.thumb.jpg.ca60aafadbee4e511d93034a3021960d.jpg
20190213_164049.thumb.jpg.8a8735c639c8c4e6c4ee05ccdbe8bb8a.jpg
20190213_163800.thumb.jpg.201ef6aba9d2190215608a54f5d9f5ec.jpg
What is your take on the big bore kit?

41 minutes ago, Raging Petunia said:

What is your take on the big bore kit?

A lot more power.  Glad I got it.  Now if we can get the bog fixed.  I think I read somewhere that a guy used the jets that came with the big bore kit, and had the same problem.  He put the stock jets back in it, and fixed the problem.  I'll call Chris tomorrow and ask if he changed them.  It acts like the mixture is too rich.  No backfiring, just a brief sputter and then goes.  And it is just at the slow speed you would need to lift the front end to go over something. 

34 minutes ago, Yokomo said:

What carb?

Yes, it has a carb.  HA! You would think for the $ they cost you would get F.I.

Pumper carb.  And i noticed it got worse as engine warmed up, which also makes me think too rich.
Maybe try to lean out the needle one groove.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

20190213_163910.jpg

20190213_164049.jpg

20190213_163800.jpg

I've read that the guys that have the new 200 2T Beta's love 'em.  Your 125 looks good too. I'd probably try raising the clip on the needle one notch, like an earlier post suggested. It'll lean things out a little right off the bottom end. Might help, can't hurt & might save a trip to the dealer.  

• Like 2

20190213_163910.thumb.jpg.ca60aafadbee4e511d93034a3021960d.jpg
20190213_164049.thumb.jpg.8a8735c639c8c4e6c4ee05ccdbe8bb8a.jpg
20190213_163800.thumb.jpg.201ef6aba9d2190215608a54f5d9f5ec.jpg
Now the hardest part of having a new bike. Getting it dirty!

It's nice and soggy at School Creek
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, kcposty said:

Now the hardest part of having a new bike. Getting it dirty!

It's nice and soggy at School Creek

It will probably be soggy at SC for another month, and that is without any more rain or snow!  And from the forecast it looks too cold and wet to ride this weekend or next.

I think we definitely located the bog problem.  Evidently the carb jets they sent with the big bore kit were the wrong ones.  The original main jet was a 122.  It evidently can be increased to 135 to 145.  They installed the jet that came with the kit.  On inspection it is a 162!   They are sending the proper jets.  

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

Yep, sitting here getting cabin fever, after some "honey, do"  jobs and writing some letters.  Got my jets in the mail today and my lowered seat kit and skid plate came yesterday.  Maybe with the sun shining tomorrow it will warm up enough in my shop to do some work.  

Thanks for the videos.  Gonna haf to go to Taylor park someday.  That 1st video reminded me of Monarch crest trail.

• Like 1

Here is another one, I do no think I have posted this before. In our ride in AZ this spring on some private land where I lived for about a year, our host took us to this Anasazi cliff dwellings it just happens to have one of two complete Kivas known to still exist in the world. You can see the roof of it at about 1:55. The audio is bad but if you have some headphones our host Greg has some very interesting things to say about this site. He has lived in the area for almost 60 years and has hosted archaeologists and friends to this site. It was first documented in the 20's by some aspiring archaeologists that he mentions in part of the video. While it is not trail riding it is where our bikes got us to this particular day, and well worth it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6jxPIgM2Pg

• Like 3

Weezer will ride in snowfall, just not 6" on the ground. Look close and you can see the start of the snowflakes! 20190217_102434.jpeg

• Like 4