Weezer the Geezer

"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

On 6/18/2019 at 9:28 PM, Weezer the Geezer said:

I would appreciate it.

Heres the view from near Candlestick at sunrise. Its really cool to watch/listen to the water fowl fly up and down the river.  So serene!

1247583182_P1010091adj(3).jpg.e0fb6b4f2346b16f85767accb70ef717.jpg

1235075350_P1010102adj.jpg.c0fb6727debb6686bb781071bf2ad8a1.jpg

Same spot on a moto lap, still super scenic (till ya put all of us guys in the pic 🙂

IMG_2458.JPG.661050072e842c4f9d8ae0d57096dcb3.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG.6b964a819b140e513e59fa36faf7f53a.JPG

Pretty much the whole lap is pretty scenic tho. Heres a look around further east:

1915680090_IMG_2510(2).JPG.06dcca03981f920f7409075d0d540437.JPG

And back up north:

IMG_2437.JPG.abb02dc7024988719b3254764cb57b16.JPG

Edited by dmac1
  • Like 9

Candlestick reminds me of spending the night on Mineral Point several miles up Green River about 8 years ago.  It was dead calm, and dead silent.  The most peaceful night I have ever spent.  This is at the NW entrance to White Rim trail.  Actually went out on the point by accident when I took the wrong turn looking for the trail.  It was almost dark, so just spent the night.  Had planned to camp down on the river by the trail entrance, which is the last picture, looking at mineral point.

DSCF2492.JPG

DSCF2495.JPG

DSCF2067.JPG

• Like 6

That's AMAZING! We lived in Sierra Vista, AZ for 15 years, but we never made it up to Moab. During the time period that I was building my 85' Toyota "Truggy" we always talked about making it there, but never did. 

• Like 1

That's AMAZING! We lived in Sierra Vista, AZ for 15 years, but we never made it up to Moab. During the time period that I was building my 85' Toyota "Truggy" we always talked about making it there, but never did. 

Its still there! A little more crowded...esp in the Spring, but fun times can still be had.

But, it sounds like you're further away now.

hey guys I'm new to this post but I have a rmz250 bore out a.d love sick hills. I just came back from motocross mountaineer west Virginia and I live in Baltimore but looking for sick hill climbs and trails closer to me?? can anyone help? thanks

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dmac1 said:

Its still there! A little more crowded...esp in the Spring, but fun times can still be had.

But, it sounds like you're further away now.

Oh yeah, a tad bit farther of a drive for us now.....we're in Jackman, ME.

3 minutes ago, Jonathan Desper said:

hey guys I'm new to this post but I have a rmz250 bore out a.d love sick hills. I just came back from motocross mountaineer west Virginia and I live in Baltimore but looking for sick hill climbs and trails closer to me?? can anyone help? thanks

Welcome!

This thread is mostly just us old, older, very old, extremely old, older than dirt, and guys who were on the Ark.........in which all us think and live like we are still 17. 

I reccomend scrolling through this entire thread, if nothing else for the awesome pictures and funny stories, and of course the funny arguements.  There's a regional section that can be found on the main forum page that should have your area.  Again, welcome!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BUNK657 said:

Oh yeah, a tad bit farther of a drive for us now.....we're in Jackman, ME.

Wow....you couldnt get much further away and still be in the good ol USofA

40 minutes ago, dmac1 said:

Wow....you couldnt get much further away and still be in the good ol USofA

Very true! Actually, we do our grocery shopping in St. Georges, Quebec, Canada if that gives you any idea of how remote we are. We're so far back in the woods, we have to pipe in sunshine.

• Like 3

Very true! Actually, we do our grocery shopping in St. Georges, Quebec, Canada if that gives you any idea of how remote we are. We're so far back in the woods, we have to pipe in sunshine.
Moose are your neighbors?
  • Like 1

Just now, kcposty said:
2 minutes ago, BUNK657 said:

Moose are your neighbors?

Funny you ask.....we have them around all the time.

2 hours ago, Jonathan Desper said:

Hatfield McCoy has some stuff that would challenge Graham Jarvis Check out trail #199

Way back we were on a family station wagon camping trip to Mt. Katahdin (sp) early evening searching for a camp spot and a bull Moose comes tromping out of the dense woods and stops in front of us, stare down style. Dad backs up, Moose steps up with him. Repeated 2 or 3 times. Finally Dad says our Falcon is no match for this and punches it swerving around the moose and down the road we go. I've had couple of other encounters since.

Same question every time, how do they get that big rack through dense forest so easily?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dmac1 said:

Heres the view from near Candlestick at sunrise. Its really cool to watch/listen to the water fowl fly up and down the river.  So serene!

1247583182_P1010091adj(3).jpg.e0fb6b4f2346b16f85767accb70ef717.jpg

1235075350_P1010102adj.jpg.c0fb6727debb6686bb781071bf2ad8a1.jpg

Same spot on a moto lap, still super scenic (till ya put all of us guys in the pic 🙂

IMG_2458.JPG.661050072e842c4f9d8ae0d57096dcb3.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG.6b964a819b140e513e59fa36faf7f53a.JPG

Pretty much the whole lap is pretty scenic tho. Heres a look around further east:

1915680090_IMG_2510(2).JPG.06dcca03981f920f7409075d0d540437.JPG

And back up north:

IMG_2437.JPG.abb02dc7024988719b3254764cb57b16.JPG

Can't wait to get the 501 out that way 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kcposty said:

Way back we were on a family station wagon camping trip to Mt. Katahdin (sp) early evening searching for a camp spot and a bull Moose comes tromping out of the dense woods and stops in front of us, stare down style. Dad backs up, Moose steps up with him. Repeated 2 or 3 times. Finally Dad says our Falcon is no match for this and punches it swerving around the moose and down the road we go. I've had couple of other encounters since.

Same question every time, how do they get that big rack through dense forest so easily?

2 summers ago in Colorado I had a female chase me down a trail due to the fact that she had 2 little ones near by. I didn't even know she was chasing me but my son got it on video.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kcposty said:

I have no idea, but we find moose sheds all the time. Have you ever seen one covered in ticks? it's absolutely disgusting. We have winter ticks here and some moose will have thousands of ticks on them.

25 minutes ago, Huskydog14 said:

Hatfield McCoy has some stuff that would challenge Graham Jarvis Check out trail #199

#199 would be a light trail ride for guys like Jarvis.  They live in a different world than we do.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

#199 would be a light trail ride for guys like Jarvis.  They live in a different world than we do.

Probably true but it is one of the toughest trails that I have ever been on and I didn't complete it It has a skinny ridge that is just wide enough for a bike and either side is a sheer cliff and it goes for at least 75  to a 100 yards and it is full of rocks that you have to climb over and the hill climbs are terrible rock and root infested and steep as they come.

Edited by Huskydog14

20 hours ago, HellzyaaBuddy said:

Well you're probably a lot faster than me lol.

Not likely. A shorter duration ride is my concession to age and, lack of, physical conditioning. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

image.png.df10a7b519d8cc0d3bce5376ce044e78.png

Edited by Huskydog14
Friend just bought this to take out to Moab this October
  • Like 1