Weezer the Geezer

"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

2 hours ago, Huskydog14 said:

image.png.df10a7b519d8cc0d3bce5376ce044e78.png

The XR650 has always been one of my most favorite bikes. 

19 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

That is a 650L.

You know what I meant. 

I hope he's not planning on doing Soverign trail.
Looks odd but I like the saddlebag
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

He has a KTM 300 for that  He has been racing motorcycles since the 60's he is very good with making a motorcycle sing He's an excellent rider and mechanic and you and he are the same age I believe. I just hope that he is serious about coming ,the fact that he went out and got this bike I think he may be serious LOL!!

7 minutes ago, kcposty said:
9 minutes ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

Yeah that is an interesting touch don't know wether he'll keep it on there or not

He probably has the thing in a million pieces on his shop floor right now LOL!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kcposty said:

Speaking of saddlebags, I made a carrier for my bike to haul extra gas, etc in when on long rides.  Will try to post photo tomorrow.  KC, were you serious about doing a Flint hills ride?  We may do one the first of next week.  It's supposed to cool off a few degrees.

• Like 1

This sure would have been nice to have in New Mexico even the same bike LOL!! Go to the 4 minute mark, to see what I'm talking about. We had the same scenario in the MTNs of New Mexico. just a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

110+ miles over two days at Rampart Range and Woodland Park...stick a fork in me!

woodland wheelie.JPG

• Like 6

I hate to admit that after over 60 years of riding I finally broke a bone.  Also hate to admitt that Boab (aka cjjeepercreeper) was right about bark busters breaking hands.   At 5 mph in a washed out section of road in the Flint hills, I slipped in a rut, fell, and broke the bone in my hand just above the knuckle of my small finger on my left hand.  Glad it wasn't my right hand.  Was able to ride 40 miles back to the truck and drive back home.  

Although the bark buster broke that bone, if I had not had them, my fingers would have probably been messed up. 

It is embarrassing to have ridden in difficult circumstances in Utah, Colorado, etc, and break a bone on a backroad in Kansas.  Oh well, such is life.  On the upside, it is in a splint and I have no pain.  And can use my thumb and first 2 fingers.

It was an interesting ride.  And like I often do, forgot my camera.  A friend got a few picts with his phone, but does not do TT.   I will see if i can get his picts.  We rode a large section of part of the largest pasture land in the world.  Constantly dodging cow patties.  I'll swear, in all that space, those cows find a road to take a dump!!

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

I hate to admit that after over 60 years of riding I finally broke a bone.  Also hate to admitt that Boab (aka cjjeepercreeper) was right about bark busters breaking hands.   At 5 mph in a washed out section of road in the Flint hills, I slipped in a rut, fell, and broke the bone in my hand just above the knuckle of my small finger on my left hand.  Glad it wasn't my right hand.  Was able to ride 40 miles back to the truck and drive back home.  

Although the bark buster broke that bone, if I had not had them, my fingers would have probably been messed up. 

It is embarrassing to have ridden in difficult circumstances in Utah, Colorado, etc, and break a bone on a backroad in Kansas.  Oh well, such is life.  On the upside, it is in a splint and I have no pain.  And can use my thumb and first 2 fingers.

It was an interesting ride.  And like I often do, forgot my camera.  A friend got a few picts with his phone, but does not do TT.   I will see if i can get his picts.  We rode a large section of part of the largest pasture land in the world.  Constantly dodging cow patties.  I'll swear, in all that space, those cows find a road to take a dump!!

Glad to hear that there isn't much pain involved Try not to get any more broken bones before October LOL!!! Also check out the video that I posted above you will know why at minute 4 

Edited by Huskydog14
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

Absolutely not at all.  Happens to the best of us.  Most crashes happen at the slowest speeds/easiest circumstances.  For example, my uncle was moseying around in 2nd rather than regular riding, caught his foot on a stump and put a spiral fracture in his fibula.  In my case, I was standing on my pegs in 2nd gear putting back into camp where I slipped on loose gravel and in my attempt to catch myself, caught my boot between my rear wheel and swingarm and fractured my heel.

If anything, I would call your finger "popping the cherry", it just took your 60 years 😉.  Hope you heel up quick!

• Like 3

Weezer, glad to hear you were not seriously hurt. Get well soon and get back out there on the trail. You're an inspiration to all of us! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

I hate to admit that after over 60 years of riding I finally broke a bone.

Guess that 183 is too much for you. Have to find some deserving, younger, rider to take it off your hand. :ride:

Kidding aside, I'm glad to read you'll be around for more rides.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, DaveCR said:

Kidding aside, I'm glad to read you'll be around for more rides.

Doc told me to stay off the bike for AT LEAST 6 weeks.  But I'll be back.

• Like 3

Weezer it sounds like you have a 5th metacarpal fracture.  Also known as a boxers fracture.  Happens when you're a 20 year old male and you get pissed off at your girlfriend and punch a wall.  If the bones are not displaced too bad and they are treating it in a splint, then don't get back to riding too soon.  You need them to heal.

• Like 2