"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

Thanks for the pics Buttegal, very excellent! I have a feeling y'all will be invited out there often. [emoji6]
I hope so. I've ridden a trail here and there that is as awesome as the ranch's trails, but never so many quality fun trails all in one place. They are not opening memberships to the public, but invited each of us to become members. It's $400 per year. Not bad at all considering what you get, but it's a three hour drive for me. It is so tempting!

I broke my fifth metatarsal in my foot. Sometimes referred to as "dancers fracture". [emoji4] boxer sounds better
That sucks. Foot injuries can sometimes take a long time to heal. Do you have a good story about how you broke it?

My friends chose to ignore the Jones fracture label. Only twelve weeks and one surgery [emoji106] and I was back on my feet. No good story just being too old to play basketball.
Yoko, I've also had a Bennett's fracture, it has a great story that started with "watch this".

• Like 3

And it looks like a fun place to ride.  Not real rough or difficult, but fun.  HA!  At my age those places look better and better.
Pictures can be deceiving. There's plenty of difficult terrain. Some of it was easy, but most of the single track there is for A level riders. It's not McNutt where Pittbull rides, but it's not easy by any means.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Buttegal said:

Our Ladies Rip N Sip weekend was a blast!!  We rode on a private ranch north of Helena, Montana that his been developed for OHV use by a club.  The club let us ride there and provided guides. Beautiful place, to say the least, and a wonderful group of women.

65492356_2438650502822820_8778956725467217920_n.jpg

65607914_10156240714556615_7090332501310177280_n.jpg

65718628_10156240712096615_3844537969541120000_n.jpg

65866255_10156240711096615_5347983772493021184_n.jpg

65914264_2735404576487168_6655157605901533184_n.jpg

66069009_10156240712606615_4750892265042345984_n.jpg

66330385_10219434743601538_5068539787032395776_n.jpg

65295804_2438650312822839_2495556078364786688_n.jpg

65297303_2438650856156118_106326158840168448_n.jpg

Great pics looks like great riding and one girl had a great bike choice the one on the Husky of course LOL!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Buttegal said:
8 hours ago, Piney Woods said:
Thanks for the pics Buttegal, very excellent! I have a feeling y'all will be invited out there often. emoji6.png

I hope so. I've ridden a trail here and there that is as awesome as the ranch's trails, but never so many quality fun trails all in one place. They are not opening memberships to the public, but invited each of us to become members. It's $400 per year. Not bad at all considering what you get, but it's a three hour drive for me. It is so tempting!

Around here that is pretty much the norm a 3 hour drive to anywhere that has some decent riding and lots of it but you are out west where it may be easier to find some good trails

• Like 1

Around here that is pretty much the norm a 3 hour drive to anywhere that has some decent riding and lots of it but you are out west where it may be easier to find some good trails
I guess I'm spoiled around here. My go to place is only 20 minutes away. It's a full OHV area with tons of trails. There's a lot of trails and smaller areas within 1 to 2 hours. I still haven't ridden all the stuff there is. You guys should plan a trip to Montana. You'd love it!
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Buttegal said:
14 hours ago, Huskydog14 said:

I guess I'm spoiled around here. My go to place is only 20 minutes away. It's a full OHV area with tons of trails. There's a lot of trails and smaller areas within 1 to 2 hours. I still haven't ridden all the stuff there is. You guys should plan a trip to Montana. You'd love it!

That could be arranged possibly next year

• Like 3

My friends chose to ignore the Jones fracture label. Only twelve weeks and one surgery [emoji106] and I was back on my feet. No good story just being too old to play basketball.
Yoko, I've also had a Bennett's fracture, it has a great story that started with "watch this".
Too old for pickup bb is approximately 25-27 depending on skillz. I cringe when i see 35+ guys still tryna ball.
  • Haha 1

That could be arranged possibly next year

The best time to come would be between July 15th and September 15th. That's when all the trails are open around Yellowstone. If you're coming to Montana, you gotta hit those trails. There are also some good ones north of Bozeman that will be open by then, too. I would recommend a trip something like this:

1-2 days at Fairmont Hot Springs (posh hotel) with riding close

1-2 days at Pipestone (primitive camping or stay at Homestake Lodge)

1 day ride north of Bozeman (hotel in Bozeman)

2-3 days at Big Sky (primitive camping or ski condo)

Then drive through Yellowstone National Park and possibly Grand Tetons

The trails I'm talking about are not well known. You probably won't find much about the actual trails on the internet, but you can Google the place names above and get an idea of the area I'm talking about. I'd love to show you around. Or find a guide to show you some tough stuff.

• Like 3

That is definitely a possibility we are always looking for new places to explore and ride.

15 minutes ago, Buttegal said:

The best time to come would be between July 15th and September 15th. That's when all the trails are open around Yellowstone. If you're coming to Montana, you gotta hit those trails. There are also some good ones north of Bozeman that will be open by then, too. I would recommend a trip something like this:

The trails I'm talking about are not well known. You probably won't find much about the actual trails on the internet, but you can Google the place names above and get an idea of the area I'm talking about. I'd love to show you around. Or find a guide to show you some tough stuff.

That would definitely be a possibility we are always looking for new places to explore and ride.

• Like 1

As mentioned, we have a house in Buena Vista rented Fri-Mon. Thurs night we have to pick up some one in Colorado Springs so spending the night there.
My question is: would u recommend riding Rampart/Woodland Park Friday on our way to BV or should we haul ass to Salida and ride around there? Planning to do the Rainbow for sure and was hoping for Monarch but that isn’t gonna work.
Three days to ride. What do y’all recommend?

5 hours ago, Buttegal said:

That sounds perfect for me. I am on the SE coastline of TX and need several days of riding to make the trip worthwhile. Anyone wanting to make it THIS summer holler at me. Also i am a hotel/motel guy.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Poodlelover151 said:

As mentioned, we have a house in Buena Vista rented Fri-Mon. Thurs night we have to pick up some one in Colorado Springs so spending the night there.
My question is: would u recommend riding Rampart/Woodland Park Friday on our way to BV or should we haul ass to Salida and ride around there? Planning to do the Rainbow for sure and was hoping for Monarch but that isn’t gonna work.

Salida but you better ck on the snow conditions.

6 hours ago, Huskydog14 said:

That is definitely a possibility we are always looking for new places to explore and ride.

That would definitely be a possibility we are always looking for new places to explore and ride.

Better look me up if you make it our way. 

• Like 3

You might take a look at Texas Creek area. On 50 highway halfway to Salida