Weezer the Geezer

"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

3 hours ago, Huskydog14 said:

This is a few years ago at Westwater in Utah just across the Colorado -Utah border on I-70

image.png.fc78d251fb0e28f9cfd109d6d4029628.png

Bitchin photo, Man...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 99klr250 said:

The specs for that Honda "scooter" indicated 525lbs!!!   750cc.  Obviously not much ground clearance.  Who buys these things???   Maybe all the guys on Youtube that modify their Groms to ride trails. 

I've always heard the guys that mapped out Slick Rock trails in the early 70s rode Honda CT90's.   Also not real trail bikes, but at least they didn't weight 500+lbs.

Riding Utah slick rock in the late 70's

20180925_223348.jpg

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, dmac1 said:

Graham....on the roof!  LMAO

I guess I imagined Jarvis to be living in a countryside gentleman's estate not your regular semi detached home.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, kcposty said:

I guess I imagined Jarvis to be living in a countryside gentleman's estate not your regular semi detached home.

Apparently being a top pro off-road rider doesnt pay as well as top SX/MX. Caselli's house was standard suburbia offering as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/17/2018 at 3:40 AM, Weezer the Geezer said:

Some of us "older" trail riders decided we wanted a thread dedicated to our passion.  "Over the hill" came to mind, which according to the Urban dictionary, means 40 and older.  It also describes a lot of what we do.  I also inserted the word "seasoned". which in the English Dictionary indicates, "Having a lot of experience of doing something and therefore knowing how to do it well."  LOL, those words describe us very well!!  Our idea is to have a thread related to trail riding only.  Several of us are not into the dirt racing scene.  We want the discussion to be at least loosely related to trail riding, trail bikes, etc.  NOT a general chat room about everyday happenings.  We ask that there be no religious or political discussion, and the exchange of information should be respectful. and somewhat family oriented.  We want to feel comfortable letting our kids and grand kids read the posts.

We especially welcome reports, pictures and videos of rides in different areas.  A group of us met for a week long ride in Moab, Utah last week from Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Oklahoma, Kansas, Colorado and Montana. It was a great group, and I will ask them to submit their info to get the thread started.  My new camera broke on me, so some of the few picts I got were of poor quality. 

LET THE POSTING BEGIN!

I didn't get any photos of the riding, but did get a half decent picture of Mary, Curt and David doing a delicious cook out for us.  And CC and Jonah getting ready to ride.

DSCN0012.JPG

DSCN0009.JPG

A group of friends from 20 to 60 years of age on a Sunday ride..

In the last photo is The mountain called "Monte Formaggio"  translaction (cheese mountain) name maybe after the shape of it..it's in Sicily Italy..

Cheers 

IMG-20191110-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20191013-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20191013-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20191215-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20191006-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20191013-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200126-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20200105-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200326-WA0024.jpg

Edited by carmelo1970
  • Like 8
  • Helpful 1

13 minutes ago, carmelo1970 said:

A group of friends from 20 to 60 years of age on a Sunday ride..

In the last photo is The mountain called "Monte Formaggio"  translaction (cheese mountain) name maybe after the shape of it..it's in Sicily Italy..

Cheers 

IMG-20191110-WA0017.jpg

IMG-20191013-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20191013-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20191215-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20191006-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20191013-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200126-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20200105-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200326-WA0024.jpg

Welcome, nice pictures!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kcposty said:

Welcome, nice pictures!

Thank you.  It is a real pleasure for me to be part of the Thumpertalk forum for more than 10 years 

• Like 4

Hey @kcposty!  Look what my buddy got!  2007 WR 250F. He was checkin craigslist and other sites pretty regularly and a local shop put it on CL while he was watching and he was first to call out of 10 guys that tried to get it.  With the virus crap, they are dealing via appointments, so he made one for next day. Some other dude drove 1 1/2 hours down, but had no appointment...beat my friend there, but they held the bike and honored his appointment, and now its his.

Bone stock other than some guards and the rubber!  A couple new tires, a test ride a couple days ago, a few mods, and we are goin riding tomorrow!

766376224_Matts2007WR250F.thumb.jpg.de81f87f25ad8bb4d99ee36bc41115da.jpg

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

6 hours ago, carmelo1970 said:

Thank you.  It is a real pleasure for me to be part of the Thumpertalk forum for more than 10 years 

Howdy!  Hows things where you are in Italy???  Are ya able to get out riding now or are those last year's pics?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, dmac1 said:

Howdy!  Hows things where you are in Italy???  Are ya able to get out riding now or are those last year's pics?

Hello, those pics are from this year. With the lockdown we only were able to get out two times. The first time at the very beginning of it and the second time just this past sunday. We are on phase 2 and enduro riding is allowed in Sicily.. finally from the 18th all the commercial activities, restaurants, barber shops etc.. are reopening but with the right precautions.. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, carmelo1970 said:

Hello, those pics are from this year. With the lockdown we only were able to get out two times. The first time at the very beginning of it and the second time just this past sunday. We are on phase 2 and enduro riding is allowed in Sicily.. finally from the 18th all the commercial activities, restaurants, barber shops etc.. are reopening but with the right precautions.. 

Glad to hear you guys are able to get out again! Be safe and stay in touch!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carmelo1970 said:

Awesome, Man...may you all be blessed. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dmac1 said:

Hey @kcposty!  Look what my buddy got!  2007 WR 250F. He was checkin craigslist and other sites pretty regularly and a local shop put it on CL while he was watching and he was first to call out of 10 guys that tried to get it.  With the virus crap, they are dealing via appointments, so he made one for next day. Some other dude drove 1 1/2 hours down, but had no appointment...beat my friend there, but they held the bike and honored his appointment, and now its his.

Bone stock other than some guards and the rubber!  A couple new tires, a test ride a couple days ago, a few mods, and we are goin riding tomorrow!

766376224_Matts2007WR250F.thumb.jpg.de81f87f25ad8bb4d99ee36bc41115da.jpg

The joy of a new bike. Have a great ride.  I'm jealous. 

• Like 2

Thanks to all for your          support.. hope you stay safe.. riding seanson here in Italy for us is over.. it's getting hot and not nice when wearing protections and dirt bike suit, 30° Celsius already...

We will start again in September.. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, carmelo1970 said:

Thanks to all for your          support.. hope you stay safe.. riding seanson here in Italy for us is over.. it's getting hot and not nice when wearing protections and dirt bike suit, 30° Celsius already...

We will start again in September 

30°C!!! That's a spring day here in the Mojave desert!!!!

It's been cooler here the past few weeks, but most of my riding - out in the Black Mountain Wilderness - takes place around 40°C.

The heat motivates you to keep moving!!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, El Extremo said:

30°C!!! That's a spring day here in the Mojave desert!!!!

It's been cooler here the past few weeks, but most of my riding - out in the Black Mountain Wilderness - takes place around 40°C.

The heat motivates you to keep moving!!!

30 for now but soon it will be over 40 degrees Celsius.. like I said its not fun also because it gets dangerous due to the grass getting really tall in the woods. 😤

• Like 2