Weezer the Geezer

"OVER THE HILL" (and seasoned) TRAIL RIDERS exchange

13 minutes ago, carmelo1970 said:

30 for now but soon it will be over 40 degrees Celsius.. like I said its not fun also because it gets dangerous due to the grass getting really tall in the woods. 😤

If the cheese mountain melts, you will be in deep fondue!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, dmac1 said:

Hey @kcposty!  

Bone stock other than some guards and the rubber!  A couple new tires, a test ride a couple days ago, a few mods, and we are goin riding tomorrow!

766376224_Matts2007WR250F.thumb.jpg.de81f87f25ad8bb4d99ee36bc41115da.jpg

Looks almost new.  And has my favorite footpegs. 

• Like 1

Heres a few pics from yesterday, and a look at last week's outing.

Me...a little too far to the left!  😁

1583634058_DaveWall_1.4.1.jpg.8d72896ca237ad7e4f12c67ca0edc869.jpg

My bud with the 'new' Yamaha, carryin a little too much speed:  :ride:

1015477016_MattJunction_1.5.1.jpg.24de844179571ecb11fca63b7804fdbe.jpg

Me, a little too far to the right:  :censored:

Tree_1.7.1.jpg.b350e65b81ccdd8b85c6112d14927d03.jpg

Hopefully goin down the middle!

735_1.6.1.jpg.2e543a55c0ae66f3e6c07889d579221d.jpg

Last week:

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, dmac1 said:

Heres a few pics from yesterday, and a look at last week's outing.

Me...a little too far to the left!  😁

1583634058_DaveWall_1.4.1.jpg.8d72896ca237ad7e4f12c67ca0edc869.jpg

My bud with the 'new' Yamaha, carryin a little too much speed:  :ride:

1015477016_MattJunction_1.5.1.jpg.24de844179571ecb11fca63b7804fdbe.jpg

Me, a little too far to the right:  :censored:

Tree_1.7.1.jpg.b350e65b81ccdd8b85c6112d14927d03.jpg

Hopefully goin down the middle!

735_1.6.1.jpg.2e543a55c0ae66f3e6c07889d579221d.jpg

Last week:

So can I infer that the Yamaha wasn't down on power.  Looks like you used all the trail!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kcposty said:

So can I infer that the Yamaha wasn't down on power.  Looks like you used all the trail!

Yeah, that Yamaha did great!  It was even drier than the last couple weeks, so really marbly and he could get traction where I couldn't. I'd spin and slip sideways and all of a sudden hook up some and off I'd go!  LOL!!  Hindering me, my rear tire is totally shot, but still his bike was really good. He said he could lug it down and it'd usually pull him out of it....and he liked the softer suspension for what we were riding vs the stiffer MX type he has had on recent bikes.

He paid $2600 for that thing!!!!  The ONLY scratches are on the front fender. A tiny amount of boot rub on left side. The plastics on the handguards were scratched, but he took the plastic guards off and has some new ones coming.  I told him, if he ever sells that bike, look me up!

Edited by dmac1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, dmac1 said:

Yeah, that Yamaha did great!  It was even drier than the last couple weeks, so really marbly and he could get traction where I couldn't. I'd spin and slip sideways and all of a sudden hook up some and off I'd go!  LOL!!  Hindering me, my rear tire is totally shot, but still his bike was really good. He said he could lug it down and it'd usually pull him out of it....and he liked the softer suspension for what we were riding vs the stiffer MX type he has had on recent bikes.

He paid $2600 for that thing!!!!  The ONLY scratches are on the front fender. A tiny amount of boot rub on left side. The plastics on the handguards were scratched, but he took them off and has some new ones coming.  I told him, if he ever sells that bike, look me up!

Always great to hear a success story that results in fine day of riding. Enjoy

• Like 5

I got out riding by myself today. I usually do a lot of single track even when riding solo, but today I was in the mood for some cruisers. I put on a lot of miles trying to get up to Whitetail Reservoir only to have to turn around when I was almost there because of a little pond/mud puddle. I saw two guys going that way and turned around to see if they'd go through it. If they did, I would have. But they chickened out, too.

20200516_145726.jpg

20200516_142721.jpg

20200516_161950.jpg

• Like 9
  • Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, Buttegal said:

I got out riding by myself today. I usually do a lot of single track even when riding solo, but today I was in the mood for some cruisers. I put on a lot of miles trying to get up to Whitetail Reservoir only to have to turn around when I was almost there because of a little pond/mud puddle. I saw two guys going that way and turned around to see if they'd go through it. If they did, I would have. But they chickened out, too.

20200516_145726.jpg

20200516_142721.jpg

20200516_161950.jpg

All my main riding buddies have moved away or have other things going on and I'll ride solo and maybe run into some new to me people but I really miss riding with them and where/how we ride as a group who knows each other.

I've been riding way way less and less technical and safer trails but thanks for the post pics cus they are inspiring me to get back out there more 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Buttegal said:

But they chickened out, too.

20200516_145726.jpg

20200516_142721.jpg

20200516_161950.jpg

It does look pretty deep, and with no tracks in the mud it looks like no one has gone through since the last rain. 

4 of us have decided to support the oil companies by using cheap gas and traveling separately to western Colorado for a ride.  Might as well social distance on the trails!  And in the camp grounds!  We are going to a different place than before.  Peach Valley, on the north side of Montrose.   I have been through Montrose many times, but didn't know about the riding area until recently.  It is a huge area, and looks interesting on several videos, and is next door to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National park. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

It does look pretty deep, and with no tracks in the mud it looks like no one has gone through since the last rain. 

4 of us have decided to support the oil companies by using cheap gas and traveling separately to western Colorado for a ride.  Might as well social distance on the trails!  And in the camp grounds!  We are going to a different place than before.  Peach Valley, on the north side of Montrose.   I have been through Montrose many times, but didn't know about the riding area until recently.  It is a huge area, and looks interesting on several videos, and is next door to Black Canyon of the Gunnison National park. 

We'll need a full report, including photos😁

RB

• Like 2

14 hours ago, filterx said:

All my main riding buddies have moved away or have other things going on and I'll ride solo and maybe run into some new to me people but I really miss riding with them and where/how we ride as a group who knows each other.

I've been riding way way less and less technical and safer trails but thanks for the post pics cus they are inspiring me to get back out there more 🙂

Usually when I ride solo it's because I can't find anyone to ride with. I didn't even try to find anyone yesterday. I felt like being alone, cruisin', enjoying the scenery, and contemplating life. It was a perfect day.

I'm heading out again today with my girlfriend, Savannah. I probably won't have many pictures today though.

• Like 4

It's almost dark.  Bike and all riding gear and tools are loaded.  Going to get some groceries in the morning so I can do most of my meals in the trailer.   Finish loading in the morning and try to head out before noon.  Probably spend the night in Pueblo or Salida.  It just ain't going to be the same without Husky and Trailrydr there.  This will be my first western ride without one or both of them there for at least part of the time. 

20200517_203247.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Huskydog14 said:

I got some riding in today on the 501 just riding around on some backroads 

image.png.b06f16fe77d288dda1984b36c1170c71.png

image.png.15ca40d3f3e35513052327afbea855fb.png

Looks like you have had a lot of rain.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

Looks like you have had a lot of rain.

yeah thats why I was on the 501 instead of riding the trails on the 300

1 hour ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

It's almost dark.  Bike and all riding gear and tools are loaded.  Going to get some groceries in the morning so I can do most of my meals in the trailer.   Finish loading in the morning and try to head out before noon.  Probably spend the night in Pueblo or Salida.  It just ain't going to be the same without Husky and Trailrydr there.  This will be my first western ride without one or both of them there for at least part of the time. 

20200517_203247.jpg

Hey, they weren't there for our Alpine Loop area ride!  Just you, me n Dave.  Irrespective, have fun!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dmac1 said:

Hey, they weren't there for our Alpine Loop area ride!  Just you, me n Dave.  Irrespective, have fun!

You are correct.  I was thinking Trailrydr9 was with us the 2 days before at Salida, but that was the year before.  My memory was taking a vacation.  LOL, it can't be my age!

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

You are correct.  I was thinking Trailrydr9 was with us the 2 days before at Salida, but that was the year before.  My memory was taking a vacation.  LOL, it can't be my age!

A couple pics from that trip for those who missed it. Of course, there are vids on my channel if you're interested. 😉  Might be the only way to see some of it this year if San Juan County sheriff keeps up his current isolation tact due to the virus.

1706440975_ClearLakeRoad_1.4.1_1.4.2Colored.jpg.769f5c5deb9240e5f44e12254b41c8aa.jpg

68359076_BlackBearPass_1_10.1colored_1.9.1.jpg.b25436ffa83a0f97f3ba37abe66bfc8b.jpg

723741702_BlackBearBasin_1_11.1colored_1_10.1.jpg.ec766c91bd5fd083bc846d9b6b73a258.jpg

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Weezer the Geezer said:

20200517_203247.jpg

I wish I could make it. I am hopeful with all that has gone down in my world this year that I will get to even have any vacation this year. I will be lucky if I am able to spend time with you guys this fall even at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1