Yes, they all use variations of the FCRMX in different sizes and according to the seller I purchased from all use the same mid-body gasket. I went ahead and tore the 150R carb in half last night since it’s the easiest to get out...I was hoping to find the gasket in much worse shape as what I found doesn’t inspire much hope, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t the problem. Also, I used diesel as the ‘cleaner’ in the ultra sonic knowing that carb cleaner can be a bit too harsh. No turning back now, but you’ll have to let me know what you think. 

52EFD8F0-EE67-41F3-BEF8-CDE2C88DAD6C.jpeg

Where exactly is everyone applying the epoxy? As seen in my photo there doesn’t appear to be much, if any when I took the carb apart. My seals just showed up so I’m hoping to get to two of them today or tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

Yours does look pretty clean inside. Which makes sense if carb cleaner has never touched it and they are only 10 years old. Can't hurt to replace it though.

Might want to pick up gasgacinch for the gaskets to hold them in place during assembly though. Of course with yours since it seems there isn't epoxy you can just take it apart again pretty easily.

18 hours ago, 317 said:

Where exactly is everyone applying the epoxy?

Anyplace the packing does not lay down and stay where it should. Sometimes it has a curl to it and it wont stay laying flat, other times a small "kink" where it should be straight. If the packing is not perfectly aligned and placed you will not have a good seal and the carb wont work as it should making things worse after the "repair"

If you can get the packing to stay perfectly placed in position without adhesive, then none is needed 

For the slant fcr the two halves don't fit together all that great and are only held together with two bolts. The epoxy goes around the outer edge to keep them from moving once assembled. The mx looks to have 4 bolts and no epoxy at all. I think it's not necessary for the mx.

I do think using gasgacinch or some other kind of oring glue is necessary though to keep the seals from sliding around while you assemble the two halves. I think this is what Erik meant by "packing" he means the modbody seals themselves, right? And not to use epoxy, but some kind of gasgacinch or similar product, right?

1 hour ago, ClutchinChrisG said:

For the slant fcr the two halves don't fit together all that great and are only held together with two bolts. The epoxy goes around the outer edge to keep them from moving once assembled. The mx looks to have 4 bolts and no epoxy at all. I think it's not necessary for the mx.

I do think using gasgacinch or some other kind of oring glue is necessary though to keep the seals from sliding around while you assemble the two halves. I think this is what Erik meant by "packing" he means the modbody seals themselves, right? And not to use epoxy, but some kind of gasgacinch or similar product, right?

Correct... Packing, or gasket if you prefer, but really it not an O ring.
And Yes, I use a semi hardening adhesive to keep the gasket or packing in place during assembly