Ordered the Beta larger kickstand foot (finally)

I've wanted to get the larger foot since about day 1 with the bike but never get around to forking over the just >$40 for the thing.  After having spent all day Sunday, and Friday afternoon riding with my boy and needing to find a rock or stick to put under the kickstand every time I needed to stop and get off the bike, I figured I could swing the $$$ and finally order the darned larger foot from Beta that comes with the drill bit and set screw.  

Looking forward to the install as well as just plopping the bike onto the stand anywhere and everywhere in the forests.  

I love my 300rr but they can go to hell on more $ to finish the job on the kickstand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosier-Daddy said:

I love my 300rr but they can go to hell on more $ to finish the job on the kickstand.

I agree, but I'll pay the extra $40 and not have to worry about it every time I stop anymore.  

• Like 1

I bought one when I picked up my new bike. Well worth it. 

• Like 1

Just now, TimR said:

I bought one when I picked up my new bike. Well worth it. 

I know I'm going to love it.  Especially after having "suffered" with the pool cue kickstand for the past year.  

Yea I read about it before I bought my bike and knew I didn't want to experience that. 

Posted (edited)

I took mine to a local metal shop and they welded a foot on to it. I never tried the beta one for sale, but I drilled and tapped it and used a large washer. The stupid bolt kept coming loose, even with loctite. So far the weld hasn't come loose. :)  The shop charged me $20 for the material and the job.

Edited by cachunko
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cachunko said:

I took mine to a local metal shop and they welded a foot on to it. I never tried the beta one for sale, but I drilled and tapped it and used a large washer. The stupid bolt kept coming loose, even with loctite. So far the weld hasn't come loose. :)  The shop charged me $20 for the material and the job.

I'm going to hope that the screw that will hold the Beta foot will stay in there.  

What I should have done. Piece of aluminum, local welder. $30.

What I did.

Beta $$ footpad on a beta lowered stand. Drilled and tapped hole, then bolted. Take to local welder who did their thing. $30. 

If I had to do it over, I would just get a 1/4 inch plate and make a big pad, and get it welded. So much easier and cheap too.

I have to say a large foot print is SO good on softer soil. Very easy to get off the bike drop the stand and spin the bike on a tight trail (no, I cannot wheelie spin pivot, damn it!!!!).

16 hours ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I'm going to hope that the screw that will hold the Beta foot will stay in there.  

I've got it, and no problem with the screw. If I'm not mistaken, it comes with red locktight. It has the Beta logo on the bottom so you can leave a good impression were ever you park it. Except pavement of course.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Baxter67 said:

I JB welded a piece of aluminium on mine years ago and it's holding fine. I should have cut it into the shape of an R.

Wow, JB weld has held up ?  I think I did see someone who had formed the JB Weld, or some sort of 2 part epoxy stick, into the form of a large cone and that it had worked so . . . 

Edited by Ben500RR-S

Added the Beta pad, Best Mod I've done on my  bike!

I got it on and  it should work well, both on the dirt/sand and in the parking lot(s) in the summer.  

I had marked a spot where to drill.  Used the supplied drill bit, drilled down the 11mm or so that was specified, put a drop of fresh motor oil in the hole and used the supplied tap to cut some threads into the aluminum base, sprayed the hole out with brake cleaner.  Put a drop of red/pink threadlocker on the screw/bolt, put the oval base in place and screwed it down.  

I'll see how it works, maybe this weekend.  

It should come on the end of the kickstand from the factory.  

• Like 5

My Beta did not come with a kickstand. Instead, there is a lawn dart in its place. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nocturnal said:

My Beta did not come with a kickstand. Instead, there is a lawn dart in its place. 

I have a spare stock length lawn dart. I might need it someday when I get to old for this game, and need to put it back to stock.

I took some pics of the new Beta kickstand accessory today but suffice it to say, the thing works like it should.  I'll post some pics (as I always do), of the kickstand in wet-it is mud season up here in VT, hayfield grass.  I also had the kickstand in mud and sand and pine needles-everything possible and it is amazing how just that little bit more of surface area around the "lawn dart/pool cue" makes all the difference.  

I'm glad I was able to save up enough allowance to finally splurge and get the $43-shipped piece.  I just have to hope that the screw never works itself out or the thing will just fall off.  I'll have to check it tomorrow and maybe even have an aluminum welder just simply tack it on.