2004 cr125 JD pwk airstryker??

Hey guys I am wondering since I have an 04 cr125 with a throttle position sensor in the stock carb if I switch to this jd airstryker which I’ve heard is really worth it can it still run with that sensor unplugged??? And is this new carb even worth the money?? IMG_0529.JPG

Your bike will run w/ the TPS not used. no probs.

I could be wrong, but I think the carb you have -w/ the TPS -is the latest version mikuni TMX ? If so,  It got completely redesigned for '04, and doesn't conform w/ any of the parts nor design configurations like the older Mikuni for which most, if not all, jetting complaints are based off of.  If yours look like this, then it's the good one.

DSC0579.jpg

and as such, the new mikuni tmx vs. the airstryker isn't all that much of an improvement.  The airstryker is an improvement if you want better throttle response like for offroad (Keihin). Otherwise, the Mikuni TMX carb makes more power,  esp. in  overrev.

Ya that’s the same carb I have forsure but I’ve heard still you want the airstryker jets way easier and holds a tune better as well as better fuel response

The TMX does require more effort with matching the pilot w/ the needle w/ the main, but once all the circuits are in balance and dialed in, I don't think the TMX is any more difficult to keep it jetted than the PWK.  OThers don't agree, and that's OK. All I know is  once mine got jetted, I rode on the TMX for 3-4 yrs w/o it ever loading up on me or fouling plugs and it never failed to start on 1st or 2nd kick. Never touched the TMX jetting again thereafter, except to rotate the a/f and idle screw as needed. The main reason I'm now using the PWK is b/c I've gotten away from MX'ing and I'm just trail riding, so I went w/ a smaller 36mm PWK vs. 38 TMX for smoother throttle response in the low to mid openings, which is 90% of where I throttle. And I'm still adjusting the a/f screw at least once or twice during a day's ride w/  the PWK,  just like the TMX.

• Like 2