Hi, I was wandering if anybody has recently bought or sold a 2014 or 2015 500 exc?  I'm trying to get an idea as to what they worth presently.  Thanks for any help.

Hi, I was wandering if anybody has recently bought or sold a 2014 or 2015 500 exc?  I'm trying to get an idea as to what they worth presently.  Thanks for any help.
Are you burying or selling? If you are selling than you already know the following...
If you find one with low miles/hours they are definitely worth 6500 - 7k for sure. They are more rare and not a dime a dozen like the wr450 or crf 450, both of which are great bikes but not quite as high end in my opinion.
If you can find one and don't mind a little more maintenance, they are top of the line and are still getting good money.

I am wanting to sell mine, it has 1450 miles and about 83 hrs.  I don't want to give it away, but I'd like to move it quickly.

I am wanting to sell mine, it has 1450 miles and about 83 hrs.  I don't want to give it away, but I'd like to move it quickly.
Yeah, I hear you. It's definitely a niche bike and has a smaller market than the Japanese bike makers because you can find so many of all the main stream bikes out there for cheap money. That being said, KTM has a solid hard core following and there are plenty of people looking for them. The 500 EXC is a bike that is definitely sought after because it is such a capable off road bike that is street legal....People will travel to purchase one if that's what they are looking for.....

1 hour ago, Spud786 said:

$7900  

Did you sell one for that price?

29 minutes ago, scott72 said:

Did you sell one for that price?

https://www.smartcycleguide.com/motorcycles-for-sale/2014-ktm-xcw-500

Here's some 2014 listings, above

I know someone who recently was offered $6500 on a trade in, so you figure its going on the retail market around $7900

New bike retail continues to escalate, so will the used market

Anyway, sounds like you'd take a lot less than $7900,  but if your bike is low hour'd and had no defective failure and original owner, you can work off that number imo

But no, Ive not sold one for that price, my 2015 will likely never be sold, there's nothing else to buy improvement wise, other than maybe a 2 stroke

14 hours ago, Spud786 said:

my 2015 will likely never be sold, there's nothing else to buy improvement wise, other than maybe a 2 stroke

So true

I think it all depends what market area as well? I’m in the Western NC area, I just bought a 2015 500exc with 569 miles, 19.5 hrs, looked brand new for $7650. I drove 4 hours round trip to get it. Hope this helps.