Yamaha owns 2018 KTM: MXA race test

9 hours ago, redrider144 said:

That quote is from MXA.  Apparently they think top end hp is important or they wouldn't have mentioned it?

Only to faster riders, which is why most on here think it isn't important.  :devil:

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ah665 said:

Yet MXA says the KTM is the better, faster race bike for a more skilled rider. Interesting.

Wow, so the 2018 KTM250SX is better than the $2,200 cheaper, 12 year old design of the 2018 YZ250?  Ama-za-zing.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

With Yamaha introducing the new 65cc two smoker, I’m wondering if an update to the other smokers is in the plans?!?!:thinking:

Probably not. 65cc 2T won't cannibalize other products. KTM is definitely in the sweet spot to produce smaller volumes in a lot of categories. The others not so much.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

With Yamaha introducing the new 65cc two smoker, I’m wondering if an update to the other smokers is in the plans?!?!:thinking:

It would be nice. We all know Yamaha can produce a better bike, but whether their budget doesn't allow or whatever is the thing. And like I said earlier, the current Yamaha 2strokes are amazing bikes. I love Yamahas and I think those are still good buys. But at some point you gotta call it like you see it. I've been saying since I had my old 2010 YZ250F, that they could've at least threw that swingarm on the 2strokes w/o breaking the budget. Do something to look like you are trying. I mean, they finally did the plastic thankfully and that was ridiculous that it took that long. But they won't/didn't do anything else that mattered. OK then, cool. But when another company comes along and finally makes something better, then how can you blame someone for switching brands? If you are gonna spend new bike money, might as well spend it on a updated bike.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

Maybe the 85, but the 125 and 250?  Ha!  That elusive electric start YZ300X?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But with the early reviews of the YZ65, you know KTM is rushing some improvements to their 65 along right the @#$% now.  I can see a 2019.5 65SX-FE (aka new 65SXS) coming for aspiring 2019 Loretta Lynn's pumpkin lovers that race the stock classes.

Competition is good for everyone.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

MXA said the KTM is 4.7 hp slower on top end.

And they said this Too. :smirk:

Is the 2018 KTM 250SX better than the 2018 Yamaha YZ250? If we are talking about race bikes, the answer is a resounding “yes.” The 2018 KTM 250SX weighs 7 pounds less, has incredible brakes, features a bulletproof hydraulic clutch, handles better, doesn’t vibrate (thanks to a counter-balancer), has a no-tools airbox (with a plug-in air filter) and is outfitted with Dunlop MX3S tires (instead of old-school MX52s like the YZ250). In short, the 2018 KTM 250SX is a purpose-built race bike. The Yamaha is a workman-like race bike that has changed very little in the last 12 years. That says a lot about how great the Yamaha YZ250 once was, but it is second banana to the KTM now.

So in other words the YZ gets a second Banana :banana::banana: to stretch out its sloppy old bung hole even more from the KTM. :lol:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

Ski-Doo engineered electric start(SHOT), YZ325X!! ?

I don't think anyone should be excited for a BRP/Rotax powered dirt bike, but if you want to be all excited about an updated version of this, well, Mitch I can't prescribe the drugs you need...

RAVE valves for everyone!!!!

103562.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, eastreich said:

I don't think anyone should be excited for a BRP/Rotax powered dirt bike, but if you want to be all excited about an updated version of this, well, Mitch I can't prescribe the drugs you need...

103562.jpg

Koba Shift Kits for all too...

DKW2.jpg.6add4d92af4f53e7c70ad8faed158bea.jpg

Edited by Chaconne
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, eastreich said:

103562.jpg

That ATK sprouted a pair of mutant baby feet.

• Like 5