Closeout deal on TCX Comp Evo Michelin boots $199

4 hours ago, jayc250x said:

Thanks Joe.  I actually sent a message to cycleplusonline.com asking about that - they got back to me within an hour and the guy said to stick with Gearne - SG12s are the go-to for big calves, so evidently the TCXs are smaller then the SG cut.  I wear SG10s now, and even they are marginal.

Yes Gaerne for big calves

47 minutes ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

Mine showed up today. Not bad for a $199. Definitely not sg-12s. Size 11 seems true to size . One thing I did notice they are bulkier around the ankle on the outsides. May not be a good tight singletrack boot.

Can you explain that a bit more, i'm on the fence about buying these myself. Are you saying they are not a good choice?

7 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Can you explain that a bit more, i'm on the fence about buying these myself. Are you saying they are not a good choice?

For $199 there a good boot, I'm not sorry I bought them.  I had never seen these in person so I took a gamble. The quality looks good and they don't need any break in time.  Fit wise they are snugger than sg-12s  but bigger than the Sidi boots I tried on. There is more plastic on the outside ankle making them a little wider. May not be an issues unless you ride very primitive trails.Only time will tell how they hold up. Here is a pic of the boots for comparison. I will try them out this weekend. 

15265275492781043713372.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

For $199 there a good boot, I'm not sorry I bought them.  I had never seen these in person so I took a gamble. The quality looks good and they don't need any break in time.  Fit wise they are snugger than sg-12s  but bigger than the Sidi boots I tried on. There is more plastic on the outside ankle making them a little wider. May not be an issues unless you ride very primitive trails.Only time will tell how they hold up. Here is a pic of the boots for comparison. I will try them out this weekend. 

15265275492781043713372.jpg

For half the price of SG12 , they appear fairly substantial and not only just half as good.

On 5/9/2018 at 8:27 PM, Buzz Killington said:

On the down side, even though i probably shouldn't care since just about everything is made in china, I do feel a little duped these are made in China not Italy.

I was a little surprised when I saw this, but wouldn't consider it a deal breaker because my old worn out $600 Tech 10's were made in Croatia.

• 2 months later...