Rm85 radiator problems

Well running coolant is your priority right now. If that is not your main cause it will certainly be a contributing factor. Running plain water can be pretty detrimental to any Mx engine considering that they’re running up to 9000+ rpms.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, braapktmbraap said:

Well running coolant is your priority right now. If that is not your main cause it will certainly be a contributing factor. Running plain water can be pretty detrimental to any Mx engine considering that they’re running up to 9000+ rpms.

If it shoots out coolant with the cap off as soon as he starts it, I don't think the issue is the plain water.  It's cheaper to run plain water until he sorts it out.  The boiling point of plain water under 20psi is 260F, and 50/50 is 275F.  That's not what is making or breaking it here...  but once its fixed I agree with you he should run a proper mix of antifreeze.

I too want to see a cylinder head for a piston that sticks 2mm out the top of the jug.  Can't say I have seen everything, but I have certainly never seen that before...

Edited by mbrick
  • Like 1

I’ve been working on these bikes for years Ik this bike back to front too to bottom Ik what I’m talking about I just never have messed with nothing with a stroker crank in it or nothing in the bottom end and I don’t have a picture of the head

1 hour ago, Cole Abernathy said:

I’ve been working on these bikes for years Ik this bike back to front too to bottom Ik what I’m talking about I just never have messed with nothing with a stroker crank in it or nothing in the bottom end and I don’t have a picture of the head

I think your embarrassed because you don't have a clue what your doing. 

You have a phone? Take a pic and post.   Let's see this head!

• Like 1

I’m not taking it apart unless I have to it’s running right now and I’m not fooling with it till I got too and oh ok didn’t know you knew my life your right

Op, yz 250f is just trying help you out, just like the rest of the guys on here. Your bike has an obvious issue, and we want to help you diagnose the issue withought throwing a bunch of parts and money at it.

• Like 1

Ditto on the water pump. The impeller is plastic, if it gets too hot the center bore on the impeller will melt; the shaft will still spin but the impeller won’t. The rest should be self explanatory. 

• Like 2