What bike(s) and brand(s) do you just not like?

Ive never had problems with suzukis,ever.(but most of their street bikes are ugly) Honda dirtbikes (xr) have a nice balanced feel to them that other brands dont seem to have. i've had a couple of crappy kawasakis. the old kawasakis would hole pistons and were too heavy . yamaha blue looks faded after no time at all. but ive had a couple of fz1 that were pretty good when setup properly. Ive had a couple of harleys that would leave you stranded more than once... I wish I hadnt sold my old xr. 

I'm a diehard Yamaha guy, but I also love KTMs.  The latter began when my son started racing the KTM minis.  Now I own both with my latest being a 2018 450SX-F.

I pretty much hate Kawasakis and don't have a lot of love for Suzukis either, at least not their dirtbikes.  The Kawi Supercross guys seem to be pompas diks too.  Maybe they don't like their bikes either.

Dave

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sbest said:

What's this KTM hate? I ended up riding KTM after 20 years of riding everything else. When the wife left, I lost all restraint. Now have 6 or 7 of them. How would you class a Yamaha with a KTM engine? I also have lots of blue, some green and red in the garage, as well as an old CanAm. Honda, normally big on reliability, has let me down with XL250 cam bearings and one of my first bikes, a 74 CR250 Elsinore, never came home without something falling off it. I believe it was my undeveloped mechanical skills, but this CanAm is teaching me that modern bikes truly are better bikes.

Motorcycles, the most fun you can have with your clothes on...

A KTM 2t engine in the current YZ-F chassis would be pretty sweet IMO.

My Yam 250F is awesome. Its just not nearly as much fun. Its fast, you can concentrate on your riding, its stable it turns... but that 2t hit yet with luggability, and lightweight cant be touched for FUN and ease of maintenance.

As for me, my biggest POS bike was a Suzuki. The next was an XR250.

Spent more time fixing broken shit that wasnt as well thought out as a KTM or Yamaha, and built inferior. Particularly the zuke.

• Like 3

I HATE Any of those Chinese or Korean shit box bikes that are rough copy's of the Honda XR200 and the Honda CT110 postie bike motors that they cram into those nasty little pit bike frames that they dress up with anodized alloy fuel caps levers "etc" they look the part but only last a couple of rides before they fall apart or blow up

lifan__200cc_dirt_bike_motocross_2014_4_lgw.jpg

lifan__125_dirtbike_2009_1_lgw.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Robert Malcolm John Livingstone said:

I HATE Any of those Chinese or Korean shit box bikes that are rough copy's of the Honda XR200 and the Honda CT110 postie bike motors that they cram into those nasty little pit bike frames that they dress up with anodized alloy fuel caps levers "etc" they look the part but only last a couple of rides before they fall apart or blow up

lifan__125_dirtbike_2009_1_lgw.jpg

Yes theyre utter shite - they look cool but thats about it

• Like 1

Cracks me up to see Katoom owners hating on Beta owners for being snobs. Speaking of crappy Chinese bikes, China is getting close to 50% ownership in KTM. Some KTM engineers are already jumping ship to Husqvarna. I predict Husky splitting off from KTM and KTM going the way of Triumph.

• Like 2

On 4/24/2018 at 9:44 PM, HeavyRotation said:

No Kdms for me either, mostly because black on orange is the local State cow college colors and I'm Green and Gold for life. Also Kdm ownership is super "me too" and i just can't.

Is this Kdm you speak of like a new non-Austrian knock-off kind of "KTM"???? I'm confused....:doh::bonk::excuseme::excuseme::excuseme: I just happen to own a bike called a KTM and I don't recall ever meeting up with other KTM owners with the urge to shout out "me too"...... But for ships and gigs, I just might do that next time I ride, It sounds like I'm missing out on something?????

BTW I own several Red, Green, and White bikes in the old garage and I don't discriminate brands, they all serve a purpose/have strong points.... :lame:

• Like 2

On 4/24/2018 at 8:32 PM, Kompact said:

I've always disliked KTM. I've never owned and only riden one once (400EXC) so my opinion is not based on experience (i.e. it's invalid!). But nevertheless I do not like orange. I also hate KLR's.

How about you?

Kawasaki and Suzuki  are the only brands I will never own. 

Is this Kdm you speak of like a new non-Austrian knock-off kind of "KTM"???? I'm confused....:doh::bonk::excuseme::excuseme::excuseme: I just happen to own a bike called a KTM and I don't recall ever meeting up with other KTM owners with the urge to shout out "me too"...... But for ships and gigs, I just might do that next time I ride, It sounds like I'm missing out on something?????

BTW I own several Red, Green, and White bikes in the old garage and I don't discriminate brands, they all serve a purpose/have strong points.... :lame:

Screenshot_20180417-214021.jpg.ddcbbe9391ecdc4110580261f11cd079.jpg

You said Kdm 3 times, now look what you did.

• Like 5

About the only bike brand I don't like is Harley. I simply think the trademark Harley v-twin sounds like caca. And, I don't ID w/ the brand culture either. But a Ducati v-twin? Now that makes me roll down my windows.

I've owned Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, & KTM. All have been fun, all provided good memories. Not sure why I've never owned a Kawi. I certainly don't hate them. I guess they never had what I wanted or I thought someone else was doing it better. But, I will say, my KTMs have been the most loved ones. Just something about how they ride that I like. And, given that the only one I need to please with my bike is me, I don't need to really know why.

About the only bike brand I don't like is Harley. I simply think the trademark Harley v-twin sounds like caca. And, I don't ID w/ the brand culture either. But a Ducati v-twin? Now that makes me roll down my windows.
I've owned Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, & KTM. All have been fun, all provided good memories. Not sure why I've never owned a Kawi. I certainly don't hate them. I guess they never had what I wanted or I thought someone else was doing it better. But, I will say, my KTMs have been the most loved ones. Just something about how they ride that I like. And, given that the only one I need to please with my bike is me, I don't need to really know why.
Ahem... Ducati makes L Twins. [emoji18]
  • Like 3

The only machines, besides the Chinese, which I don't desire would be Suzuki. Their RM 2 stroke back in the day had haunted me. Constant foiled plugs and smoke everywhere. The DR 650 was a slug and always flooded. They may be better now, but they are least of my choices in Machines, but to me it all depends on what you do.

If you Motocross, id say to stick with your Yamaha's. They never let me down both two stroke and 4. I had my XT 600 for over 22,000 miles, without doing a valve adjustment, so they are proven to me. Kawasaki in the late 80's was awesome in the two stroke world. Plenty of powerband and handled pretty well on sandy tracks. Id stick with Japanese when it comes to Motocross.

As far as enduro, which is what I do now, KTM comes on top. I have a 2016 XC, and it was pretty much ready to race out of the box. You just have to cut the bars, install the bark busters, hit a few clickers if your in that weight class, and ride it. There is hardly any vibration and the motors are electric. Everything bolt on is better than any Jap bikes, and they are great machines as well, but KTM is well worth the money. Especially there two stroke world. I had a 2000 KTM 250EXC before this one, and it handled a beating for years, which is why I bought another KTM for that reason.

Oh and by the way, my Husky TE 630 is rocking on the single track for a heavy bike and can handle supermoto no problem. With 72 HP dyno, there is no way it couldn't.

• Like 1

Just now, HeavyRotation said:
3 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:
OK, what about Moto Guzzi?  I saw one the other day, it had been years since I had seen one of those odd twins.  Apparently they are still around?

Yes Guzzi is an L-twin as well. But it's mounted sideways lol. I love Guzzis.

Back in the 70s I lusted after those and Ducatis.  But then I came to my senses and owned Kawasakis all through the 70s in street bikes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reinigef said:

Cracks me up to see Katoom owners hating on Beta owners for being snobs. Speaking of crappy Chinese bikes, China is getting close to 50% ownership in KTM. Some KTM engineers are already jumping ship to Husqvarna. I predict Husky splitting off from KTM and KTM going the way of Triumph.

KDM owners are just fun to jab. We are all pissed that KDMs are Ready to Race (if you put a couple G's in them) and Betas are just Rideable. KDM has done something right, in Moab a few weeks ago, i bet 95% of the bikes there were KDM. So when you get that big of a market share get ready the jabs are coming. Every brand has its Douche bags, since there are more KDMs there are more DBs to pick at. I will definitely continue to hate KDMs.... till I own one, then I will wonder what all the hate is about. 

• Like 5