What bike(s) and brand(s) do you just not like?

21 minutes ago, Robert Malcolm John Livingstone said:

Love em :)

is (1).jpg

The later model IT's were weapons in capable hands

Trying to get someone i know to part company with a 92 WR500  - very rare interesting beastie

• Like 3

On 25/04/2018 at 11:32 AM, Kompact said:

I've always disliked KTM. I've never owned and only riden one once (400EXC) so my opinion is not based on experience (i.e. it's invalid!). But nevertheless I do not like orange. I also hate KLR's.

How about you?

What did you say?

Sounds like. "I am a bigoted moron with no respect for facts or logic and I just want to prove it to you with my inane ramblings in this thread I started"

"Who else would like to join my club?"

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Oldie230 said:

What did you say?

Sounds like. "I am a bigoted moron with no respect for facts or logic and I just want to prove it to you with my inane ramblings in this thread I started"

5ae5c05060a6a_51P9lHIq16L._SY331_BO1204203200_.jpg.d15084656565ee9325086e785f4d6d6f.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/24/2018 at 6:54 PM, The Deplorable said:

89 ATK 406

Most expensive bike-per-mile I have ever owned.

anti topic; '91 ATK 406. The cheapest bike per mile I have ever owned. I put gas in it and rode it for ten years before the motoplat expired and then I parked it. Smiles per mile was quite high. Now I have an Alta Redshift MX.

IMG_0486.JPG

Edited by ButchtheBARFdude
  • Like 1

Any of the weird "off brands" that you've never heard of but periodically see in the classified ads

"For Sale: mint condition Mergleborhn 250cc Flukenborkht enduro. Only 7 hours on it!"

I agree I won’t buy a 2017 Hyndokooi 437
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Oldie230 said:

What did you say?

I like you and you're formally invited to Thanksgiving dinner this year :)

Let me know if you plan on bringing something so I can co-ordinate with the other guests (we don't want to end up with 6 cinnamon babkas!).

• Like 3

I have owned 4 KTM’s and they are some of the best bikes I have ever owned. My least favorite was 1995 620(I think). It was fast but hard to start. I have had a 2014 300XCW was an amazing 2 stroke. My 2008 450 XCW was a great 4 stroke and my 2915 500 XCW is as good as it gets.

15 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

The later model IT's were weapons in capable hands

Trying to get someone i know to part company with a 92 WR500  - very rare interesting beastie

There are actually no bikes that I didn't like. Some I loved more than others, but I liked them all. 

I didn't expect much argument on the TM-400, but not surprised to see defense for the 490. I know that they weren't that bad. My brother had an early IT-490 and I almost got the chance to ride it - the bike was tricky to start and even more tricky to re-start when warm. So, that was my almost moment... This was towards the end of an 18 year period where I had no motorcycles - work and raising a family got in the way. With 2 younger brothers, we ended up with quite the collection of bikes of various brands, types, and displacement. It had been years since I rode a <100cc bike, and my youngest brother had just bought a new KX-85 for his son, which they promptly exchanged cylinder and head and turned it into a KX-100. I rode that thing - and it surprised the carp outta me. It had the "sledgehammer" hit (well, maybe a small sledge) when it hit the right RPM but it was much more predictable when that hit came, unlike MX bikes from the 70s - which brought back memories of the TM-400 - you never knew when it was going to take off. 4K RPM sometimes, other times closer to 6K

The TM-400 was the MX equivalent to the early Kawasaki 750 triples on the street. Too much power in a chassis that wasn't up to it. I scared myself plenty of times on both bikes. 

I was always a 2-stroke guy; my last bike I rode in competition was a KTM 400 MC6. Then I moved to Michigan to go to school, worked as summer intern for Ford and GM (now, if we want to talk about shitty vehicles, the 1978 Ford Fairmont would be on my list of "worst / disliked cars of all time"). The 240Z that I drove to work did not endear me to the workers on the assembly lines. Got married, had kids, and the only bike to travel through time with me was my 1976 Suzuki GT-750, which I still have. 

Got re-addicted to bikes about 15 years ago when the kids flew the nest. 

....I wish I had kept every bike I ever owned. 

• Like 2

I’ve owned and own a Honda and have always loved their bikes, I’ve had a Suzuki and Kawasaki they were okay. I was finally able to afford a KTM, I purchased a 2017 KTM EXCF 500, The bike is unbelievable with incredible power, my favorite bike so far although I’m not too impressed with the suspension. Seems like all the bikes are pretty awesome these days, it really comes down to the rider. I know I will never be able to use all the power that my KTM has.

• Like 1

Ktms, people always think that ktms are the best. I think not. My friends brother has one and it does not start. It is only 1 year old. Hasn’t blowing it up or anything. 

I personally do not like Suzuki bikes...road or dirt.
Had some friends who have had some poor experiences with them.

My buddy with the latest 2018 GSXR1000R - expensive bike with "Cutting edge" technology spoiled by a bike that vibrates right in the commuting rev range, a quick shifter that causes nothing but problems plus other niggling issues....what a crock.

54 minutes ago, Shawn Hammerbeck said:

Ktms, people always think that ktms are the best. I think not. My friends brother has one and it does not start. It is only 1 year old. Hasn’t blowing it up or anything. 

That sounds like an operator or maintenance error. Plug, bad gas, etc.

Welcome to ThumperTalk. 

• Like 1

I don’t Necessarily think that KTM’s are the best bike, it’s just the best bike that I’ve ever owned.
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 6:51 PM, LRB said:

Any of the weird "off brands" that you've never heard of but periodically see in the classified ads

"For Sale: mint condition Mergleborhn 250cc Flukenborkht enduro. Only 7 hours on it!"

On 4/24/2018 at 6:50 PM, Sierra_rider said:

Can't say I hate any particular brand...not a huge fan of most of the Japanese bikes, as the Euro's have the best offroad and dual sport bikes currently.

Yea i agree with you Sierra, I've had 3 Yamahas. My first one was a 03 yz125 my Dad got 2 bikes for Christmas the yz and a 01 cr 125 and I like blue and my brother likes red so we just gravitated to our color lol. I've since switched to ktm because there set up better for offroad. I did have a ktm 08 450 sx and the bike sucked trail riding always overheated in tight single track and I never got used to the 4 speed. Now I'm on a 17 300 xc-w and I love the 6 speed?

Edited by ballane89

I don't dislike any certain brands or bikes, I am also not brand loyal. I just try to figure out who has the best bike for what I want to do. There are some bikes I have learned by experience don't fit me- for example I don't ride Harleys anymore because I like bikes that accelerate, brake, and can handle corners- without serious modification, they are pretty though. However they might in change the future and I may end up with one.