Traveling to Prescott area, need ride advice

Headed that way as part of a long road trip. Will be there in a couple days  

Looking for singletrack, staying in the area about 1 week. Have a 450 and 300, advanced rider. 

Sedona, flagstaff, Prescott? 

I was in Sedona last year and really enjoyed the area but only rode a Jeep trail due to injury and time constraints 

In Prescott there is 7 mile gulch and the Bradshaw Mountains.  Excellent single track from fun and flowy at 7 mile gulch to technical and challenging in the Bradshaws.  If you go to Flagstaff, Kelly Canyon has great single track.  I am unaware of any single track in Sedona that is open to motorized vehicles.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2018 at 11:08 AM, 4Sevens said:

In Prescott there is 7 mile gulch and the Bradshaw Mountains.  Excellent single track from fun and flowy at 7 mile gulch to technical and challenging in the Bradshaws.  If you go to Flagstaff, Kelly Canyon has great single track.  I am unaware of any single track in Sedona that is open to motorized vehicles.

The only reason anymore to go to Sedona is if you are in the market for some crystals. ;)

• Like 2

Kelly canyon today  

that was nice, but trails too easy and little elevation

Fort Valley any good? 

Im into hard enduro, or at least difficult trails  

Pic from today at a fun rocky section

0CE4F5A3-5AAD-4CAA-9211-58C546531A24.png

I look at the mountains and I know there’s got to be good stuff up there??

15 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Kelly canyon today  

that was nice, but trails too easy and little elevation

Fort Valley any good? 

Im into hard enduro, or at least difficult trails  

Pic from today at a fun rocky section

I look at the mountains and I know there’s got to be good stuff up there??

Which mountains?  The San Francisco Peaks?  Nada.  Bradshaws south of Flag?  Some decent stuff there.  And yes, for as high in elevation that it is Flagstaff is mostly pretty flat.

Fort Valley upper, lower moto. Also hit secret trail and rocky moto. A simple search for Fort Valley trailhead got me there. Nice place had fun with the 450. 

I’m off to Phoenix to take a shower after 3 days and clean up gear.  Meeting a local I met last year and checking out the Hood for a second house. Winters in Washington state too long cold and wet. 

AEEDD267-47B1-42CE-8C52-7B19A8B12D64.jpeg

BE8C5374-2D0C-426F-981D-38FC24A27AAF.jpeg

AE0F7B9C-803D-4F71-B392-E56A147B01DE.jpeg

Kelly canyon is kind of boring except for the parts you can go way too fast on. Fort Valley is a blast. Your timing is perfect on the weather. A little less wind would be nice. Where's he taking you to ride?

I just finished riding off of Lake Pleasant hwy 74. Up to some radio tower on hard enduro for 45 miles. Hell yeah. Got some good pics I’ll post later from my nice camera. 

Two locals took me out. One guy is probably pretty well known. Dan, 70 yrs old and a very good rider. 

Had a great time in this awesome state!!

off to New Mexico. What is the most scenic route to the east? 70 looks promising to Las Cruces. 

Must be in Albuquerque on Friday afternoon 

Hwy 87 is closed notth of Payson. Don't go that way. Big forest fire.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

Had a great time in this awesome state!!

off to New Mexico. What is the most scenic route to the east? 70 looks promising to Las Cruces. 

Must be in Albuquerque on Friday afternoon 

Make absolutely sure you secure your bike and stuff extremely well.  Albuquerque is theft central, there have been numerous bikes, trailers and vehicles stolen from people that are from out of town.  I can guarantee you if you are staying in a hotel your bike, trailer and vehicle have a very high risk of getting stolen there.  I live 2 1/2 hours from Albuquerque in the NW part of the state and rarely go to Albuquerque.  When I do I'm carrying.

I can't emphasize this enough.

• Like 2

I have everything in chains and padlock. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll be sure to park in a most secure spot. 

8 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

I have everything in chains and padlock. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll be sure to park in a most secure spot. 

The worst places are the hotels right on the interstate.

I had a really good ride just West of Lake Pleasant while visiting Arizona. I just finished the video today, was a long trip and I took 500 gigs of film footage...

• Like 2

When I left AZ, I met up with RideFreak in Albuquerque

I got there via HWY 191, formerly HWY 666....amazing stretch of pavement, fun drive. Can't wait to come back south, perhaps this winter.  

• Like 1