Should I buy a 99 ktm sx ?

Hey y'all so my friend picked up a 99 ktm sx for next to nothing, he's gonna turn around and sell it for $1400 he ask if I wanted to buy it for $1000 I have yet to look at it in person I have a pic and from what it looks like it seems to be in good shape, what I'm wondering is $1000 worth spending on it? Are parts hard to find? Pros and cons? Anybody own a bike like this? Any feedback is much appreciated thxScreenshot_2018-04-26-14-02-06.png.f121eb392ba54a137c565635f25897f9.png

received_1364239010371671.jpeg

My wife has a 99 KTM125exc.  Parts aren't hard to get for it.  I did put an 04 EXC sub frame, airbox, rear fender, and seat (all bolts on).   The 03 and up air filter cage will bolt up.  It seals a bit better with 3 pins to mount the filter instead of just 1.   I also had 2 extra filters laying around that I could use so that was nice.  Updated the ergos to get rid of the saddle seat.   You can get most fork parts.  I damaged the compression adjuster on a fork cap.  Can't seem to be able to order that, but other than its about the only think I've not been able to get.   The local shop even sold me 2 rear brake pad sets for the price of one last week as they have been sitting in inventory for way long.  Expect that most stuff won't be in stock and must be ordered.   Awesome bike.  I've been able to get clutch plates, top end kit, water pump seal and gaskets, etc... 

I believe the 04 triple clamps will bolt up as well.  I was looking for the 48mm open chamber forks and clamps so I could update the bike even more.  I was also searching for a 07 gas tank so I could get the 1/4 turn cap and use the full 04 to 07 plastic and get some custom graphics done, though most places can make what you need with the 99 stuff.  

Looks like a clean bike for 1K.