Need help on which bike to buy!

Hi all. Well i am in the market again over the new few months to buy the right bike for myself. 25 years old, I have been a long time motorcycle rider. I've had several sport bikes, 600's , 1000's, a few cruisers too. Looking to give dirt biking a try as i haven't owned one myself yet. I do currently own a cruiser motorcycle so I do not have any highway requirements for a bike any longer. I've been on the fence with dual purpose vs strictly off road. I like what i read about the DRZ 400's and the Wr250r's. Im a bit of a suzuki fan however opened minded. I'd like to find something that is not too maintenance oriented mainly for the money. Most of my riding i intend will be wooded trails / forest type of terrain and some recreational dirt tracks. I am mechanically inclined too if that makes any difference. 

""

1. What is your skill Level 

Beginner - Dirtbiker. Experienced on sport bikes and motorcycles.

2. What's your height & weight?

5'10 , 200lb

3. What year, make, & model of motorcycle are you coming from? And, what do you want the new bike to do better?

Gsxr 1000's, r1's, zx10rs, Vstars, etc

4. What's your ballpark budget?

4000$ Max

5. What types of terrain will you be riding?

Woods/ Dirt trails

6. Will you be racing or just play riding?

Recreation play only.

If you could recommend a bike for a first time dirtbiker what would you recommend to someone like myself? 

Thanks all!

Edited by DemonRanger

• 3 weeks later...