Help identify DR350 dirt shock

1. I found a dr350 shock for sale and would like to confirm it’s the dirt model with the rebound adjuster. That adjuster should be on right bottom of the shock. I have found that some of them have “H” and “S” engraved and some don’t. If it has the screw is it the dirt shock?

Early 90’s no engrave. Is it a dirt model?

IMG_1190.JPG

Compared to Late 90’s dirt model.

IMG_1191.JPG

2. I have a 1995 dr350se. The rear shock has 10” of travel. If I install a dirt shock with 11” of travel will the seat height be 1” higher?

Can anyone help answer these questions? It’s my first post!

I installed a dr250 dirt shock and spring in my Dr350se Perfect fit and easier to find in good condition. It has the rebound adjuster screw on bottom of shock. Suspension travel increased approx 3/4” and spring is about 1” longer. Blue spring is 2.2kg/mm stiffer. Seat height rose approx 1/2” with the spring adjuster near the middle.

IMG_1236.thumb.JPG.d72e80f9c019cbb07913c1490bcd2e1b.JPG

• Like 1

I was surprised that it rides smoother on the street with the straight rate dirt spring. All comp / rebound and spring settings are in the middle. The real test in the dirt will be in a few weeks.

• Like 2

I was surprised that it rides smoother on the street with the straight rate dirt spring. All comp / rebound and spring settings are in the middle. The real test in the dirt will be in a few weeks.
This is very encouraging. You've done a great thing sir.
Where did you find the shock?
Thanks a bunch for the great tip.

This is very encouraging. You've done a great thing sir.
Where did you find the shock?
Thanks a bunch for the great tip.

Ebay $100

, let us know how it works in the dirt.
I just did an EBay search for DR250 shock and found only 1(one) and it is in NSW OZ / $206.us
Bummer.
Any other specifics for a more through search? Thanks, G.

No good options on eBay right now. There were 3 or 4 a couple weeks ago.

Search: dr250* shock then filter on condition used and sort by price. Setup an alert for this and look at the sold items to get an idea on prices.