I officially have an excuse to buy a new bike

Story in a nutshell is that I currently own a red sticker (crf 250r) but just moved into a new area where people are actually concerned about sticker/ spark arrestor☹️. Although I’m sad in can’t trail ride my trusty steed any more, I have an excuse to buy a new trail bike [emoji123]. With that being said, I’m tightly budgeted and have a few questions. So first off most of my new local stuff looks like it’s gonna be tight single-track, slow at that too. I’m opting for a two stroke and have pretty much narrowed it down to 200-250 cc. My ideal choice would be the ktm/kdx 200/220 however they’re a pretty rare find for me around here, let alone a cheap one. So I have it pretty much narrowed it down to older green sticker compliant 250 2t mx bikes. I would like to hear some input on the idea of a woods mx’er conversion, and if it’s a good idea, or any other suggestions on a decent 2 t trail oriented bike.

Thanks,

Lucas

26 minutes ago, braapktmbraap said:

Story in a nutshell is that I currently own a red sticker (crf 250r) but just moved into a new area where people are actually concerned about sticker/ spark arrestor☹️. Although I’m sad in can’t trail ride my trusty steed any more, I have an excuse to buy a new trail bike emoji123.png. With that being said, I’m tightly budgeted and have a few questions. So first off most of my new local stuff looks like it’s gonna be tight single-track, slow at that too. I’m opting for a two stroke and have pretty much narrowed it down to 200-250 cc. My ideal choice would be the ktm/kdx 200/220 however they’re a pretty rare find for me around here, let alone a cheap one. So I have it pretty much narrowed it down to older green sticker compliant 250 2t mx bikes. I would like to hear some input on the idea of a woods mx’er conversion, and if it’s a good idea, or any other suggestions on a decent 2 t trail oriented bike.

Thanks,

Lucas

if going older mxer go YZ or KTM.

Offroad parts and WR trans available for yamaha and it's a very common path. The SX again WR trans from EXC or MXC fit too and all parts for EXC fit as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, braapktmbraap said:

Do you know any years of ktm or yz I should stay away from? I found a good deal on a ktm locally but it looks like a. Late 90s model

YZ250 has been the same bike for a long time besides the frame swap to aluminum in 06'. Unless your buying a newer ktm stick with the yz250. It's a great bike, gobs of power and a proven platform with good parts availability. All a yz250 needs to be awesome is a fmf fatty/shorty combo.

• 2 weeks later...