Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
cjjeepercreeper

Having to hit page reload to get page to load, otherwise a blank page

Question

I've been noticing this alot in the past week.  Click on a forum or post and just a blank page loads, then if I click reload the page loads.  Its not just me, it happens on several different computers with different internet carriers.

7 answers to this question

Is it always the same web browser (chrome, edge, firefox, etc). or are you getting this on different browsers too?   Windows or mac?  

As much info you can provide will help track it down so I can search through the logs.  Does it happen randomly on any page, or does it seem to happen only when viewing topics? Whatever info you can give. 

Just on TT ?

Ive been getting this with nearly every site i visit - its like the page times out b4 it loads - then have to refresh

15 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Just on TT ?

Ive been getting this with nearly every site i visit - its like the page times out b4 it loads - then have to refresh

Oh, I thought this was a problem you were having only on ThumperTalk.  Now that I know it's happening on every site you go to, not just ThumperTalk...I have a feeling this is something outside my control.  What web browsers have you been using on these different websites?

2 hours ago, Brian Wilson said:

Oh, I thought this was a problem you were having only on ThumperTalk.  Now that I know it's happening on every site you go to, not just ThumperTalk...I have a feeling this is something outside my control.  What web browsers have you been using on these different websites?

I only use FIrefox Quantum 64bit

Anyone seeing weird behavior with their internet when browsing the web - check this article to see if you have a router on the effected list in the article. There's a malware hack infecting a decent chunk of routers going around that can cause weird behavior like what's mentioned in this topic.

https://www.symantec.com/blogs/threat-intelligence/vpnfilter-iot-malware

This is really annoying and still not fixed.  Current version of FF.  Various internet providers at various locations.  Probably at least 75% of the time a blank page will load and I will have to hit reload.

Happened to me yesterday again - but not today  :excuseme:

Sometimes have to hit reload 4 or 5 times b4 it finally loads the full page instead of a blank page / half a page / page with text only

• Like 1