gas tank upgrade drz400s

1 hour ago, ChrisP11 said:

That's too bad.  I was almost left stranded when I thought I had plenty of gas.

When I installed my Clarke, I just used the petcock off my stock tank.  Should I have changed over to the manual one?

Wouldn't have made a difference. The pickup location is the same.

5 hours ago, Diverdown said:

The 'tip to the side' technique saved me from walking at least once...emoji106.png

Went for a ride with my neighbor when I had that orange bike, and he too never heard of doing such a thing. I credit all those who posted that and I read it here.....;)

• Like 1

I’ve got a Clark tank as well, my original pet cock on the standard steel tank anyhow it had a alloy spacer block on it so I’ve drilled it out and fitted a copper pipe into fixed with expiry metal bond putty(2 parts - mix together) then I’ve fitted a threaded feral on the opposite side of the tank with the epoxy putty and fitted a sow copper pipe into the feral with the epoxy also then I fitted the tank into position then heated up a piece of fuel line in hot water then fitted it on gently. It was a bitch to tighten the hose clamps, &%$#@! all room to get a small wrench in or screw driver in there, but after finally holding the tongue the right way & I finally got it tight enough. That was three months ago and till today no leaks yet. I did a test ride with about 5 litres in the tank / fuel both sides, I ran out of fuel and the tank was empty both sides, so I guess it’s done the trick

• Like 1