Rochester, MI Dirt Bikes

Hello all, I am looking at getting a place in Rochester, MI as I will be working in Auburn Hills. I am wondering if I will have any problems starting my bikes up in Rochester. I like to work on bikes quite a bit and occasionally take on projects, so I don’t wanna move in some place that I’m not gonna be able to work with. I’m not a jackass and don’t plan to rip around the neighborhood, just need to be able to start them up and make sure everything is good before I head north for trails. For a heads up, I have a 2009 KTM 250 xcw and a 2005 Honda crf150f. Thanks in advance for any info. 

That will really depend on your neighbors. Most parts of Rochester are very nice with a high tax bracket. The good news is that Rochester is a really cool town and has some great places to eat and drink

Edited by yellow_busa
  • Like 1

Rochester is a nice town, albeit getting a little too crowded for my tastes.  I grew up in northern Troy in the early 1980's when Troy and Rochester were a lot of farmland.  We used to ride our dirt bikes all over back then with no hassles from anyone.  It's a little different now.

If the bikes aren't plated as long as they stay on your own property and you run them after 8am and before 8pm (or whatever the local noise ordinance hours are) it should be no different than running a lawn mower, weed whacker, etc. 

If the bikes are plated and have reasonable silencers on them, you can start them and ride them 24x7 just like any other plated vehicle.

Where you'll run into hassles with the neighbors and the cops is if your bikes aren't plated and you ride them on the streets.  If you are in a subdivision with private streets, and your neighbors are cool you might get away with the occasional slow shake down ride.  But if your neighbors aren't cool, it can be a problem.  If the streets are public, you'll be breaking the law and risk all that can go along with that.

Doc