Where/how to attach plate

In AZ and looking for some insight into where and how to mount the plate. I have an 07 ktm 450 and the only spot Ive seen online is inside the rear fender. Still new to riding in arizona..I have an offroad only plate with ohv sticker. Only been to box canyon down near Florence so far and have yet to see a bike with a plate on it. Any help would be awesome.

26 minutes ago, Rexkwando34 said:

In AZ and looking for some insight into where and how to mount the plate. I have an 07 ktm 450 and the only spot Ive seen online is inside the rear fender. Still new to riding in arizona..I have an offroad only plate with ohv sticker. Only been to box canyon down near Florence so far and have yet to see a bike with a plate on it. Any help would be awesome.

Does your tail light/holder look like this?

Does your tail light/holder look like this?

ktm-450-exc-racing-2009-moto.jpeg

No, it doesn’t have a tail light. Sorry forgot to mention its an sx-f.

I'd just pick up a small piece of sheet aluminum and fab up your own under fender bracket. Triangle pattern mounting through the rear tip of your fender mounted with stainless button head allen bolts, washers and nylon locking nuts. If you have a bench vise, you' be able to create a nice, clean break to angle the plate down a bit.

IMG_0492.JPG
Scrap piece of aluminum I had laying around. Couple bends to match the contour of the bottom of my stock light housing, 3 holes to match up to stock light mounting holes, 4 holes to mount plate. Done. Cheap quick, durable. What more could you ask for?

• Like 1

Most people I see bend or form the plate in a half circle the around the upper fork tube, between the top clamp and bottom clamp. Position the plate vertical .  Attach with three plastic zip ties.

I attach mine to my water pack so it faces rear.  I used to wrap it around my fork tube.  The rangers are pretty understanding about the fact that dirt bikes don't have a rear mounting point.  Don't worry much about it.

When I lived in AZ I mounted it to the inside of the fender like you mentioned. It took less than 5 minutes to mount and worked well for me.

Bolt it to the top of the rear fender and never think about it again.