Strip it or as is XR650L

Well time for something new.  I have a really nice 08 with a 2050 miles. Anybody here have any recommendations on selling it with mods or without?  If I strip it down I will have a 4.7 Clark tank,  FMF with about 500 miles on it, 13 &14 fritz front sprockets, rear rack and tank bag, new windscreen and other mods.  My last FZ1 I stripped down and got way more money selling about a dozen extra parts.  Never sold a Enduro before.  Norw that I think of it, the guys with the best knowledge probably have sold and gone from this website now. :thumbsup::thumbsdn::cool:

SAM_1001.JPG

IMO: Taking it to stock with the tank and muffler and re-selling the AM parts might net a small profit, but would it be worth the hassle of shipping and etc? Windscreen and tank bag could be sold for profit without decreasing the overall value I think.

Me personally if I was selling it, I'd sell the bike as is at NADA guide values + 75% cost of AM parts. 2050 miles aint nothing on an 08 and should be a nice bike, or nice ROI. ++It's already ADV ready for your next buyer. :)

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice. Had some nice weather here and took one thing off and then took another and then took another and then took another so I will be posting up the exhaust, the tank , the windscreen, rack and tankbag.  On this site and Minneapolis Craig's list.

Edited by Bruce C

I think it completely depends on your local market. 

In a package deal I purchased a couple bikes that came with quite a few extras not installed.  I priced the bikes fairly and sold them quickly.  I made a little money.  I never had any luck with all the accessories, even at 50% price.  Shipping was the killer for the big stuff and the local market isn't good at all here. 

I ended up donating the (new-in-box) Acerbis to a good dude that was rebuilding his and wanted it.  I still have a quite a bit of stuff and, just because of past attempts to sell, I'll probably donate that too as the right folks come along on the forums with a project.