Sign in to follow this  

Mods for 1998 Kawasaki KE 100

I was wondering if there were any aftermarket big bores or parts for the 1998 KE 100 because I just picked one up for $325!!!

All responses appreciatwd

Best value mod would be getting the head cut to correct the squish band.  Beyond that, you can trim the rotary valve and widen the exhaust port to pick up a little more power.  Might hit 10 or 11 HP like that.

This motor is not close to making power.  If you sunk lots of money into a professionally ported cylinder, ported the cases and rotary valve to suit a bigger carb, built a custom pipe, upgraded the ignition, it might make 20 HP.  Would make more sense to leave the KE stock, ride it to a strip club and spend the money that way instead.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jared Keller said:

I was wondering if there were any aftermarket big bores or parts for the 1998 KE 100 because I just picked one up for $325!!!

Big bore - no

Parts - yes

2 hours ago, turbo dan said:

Best value mod would be getting the head cut to correct the squish band.  Beyond that, you can trim the rotary valve and widen the exhaust port to pick up a little more power.  Might hit 10 or 11 HP like that.

This motor is not close to making power.  If you sunk lots of money into a professionally ported cylinder, ported the cases and rotary valve to suit a bigger carb, built a custom pipe, upgraded the ignition, it might make 20 HP.  Would make more sense to leave the KE stock, ride it to a strip club and spend the money that way instead.

" ride it to a strip club"

BALLER ALERT

• Like 1

I just put a hotter plug in my KE100 and it has much better low rpm throttle response. I took out the stock NGK B8ES plug and put in Bosch platinum WR7DP