RidingWithStyle

Tusk footpegs? Who runs them?

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:19 PM, Gottadog said:

I don't know about you guys. But I'd much rather my foot peg bent or broke if and when I abuse them. Hell of a lot less scary than if they aren't the weak link. J.Johnson. I don't think I would warranty your pegs. Something is clearly happening under your ownership. I had a set for a long time and beat the shit out of them. I never blamed the peg for bending or scratching when I was at the helm. If I hit a rock or any object that didn't move I held myself responsible. Sometimes things definitely fail. But the probability of you going through 3 defective sets? Having a hard time buying the bull. Perhaps you repeatedly bought pegs that weren't made for your style. 

You have a good point there that never crossed my mind. A bent or broken peg is much easier to fix than a bent mount or frame. 

On 5/11/2018 at 12:09 AM, J.Johnson said:

73F35C95-FB4D-4A29-940A-B24B460C162D.jpeg.6c78909aa04d7ade62769f7c1993153e.jpegswHere are pics. These are the top eyes on the peg. They stretched and you can see one of these ones gave way. 

I am not a big guy. I weigh 185. My son weighs 125 and broke a set. 

73F35C95-FB4D-4A29-940A-B24B460C162D.jpeg

FFA7DCAC-749E-4F0F-9B75-8A61D8118F5A.jpeg

43E543B5-1304-4645-8565-4AD2717FF85F.jpeg

D279E6AF-239C-43E7-9AAE-C9418E1D2517.jpeg

My mounting holes stretched the exact same way

The problem there is the alloy and design. They are using 6061 on the split mount design of ktm. Just not enough Web thickness for that alloy. The Japanese bike version of that should be fine because they dont have the split mount with the spring in the middle. If buying Aluminum pegs for ktm or similar design you need at least 2024 or even better 7075. Those raw materials cost more than twice as much though. So to the guy that messed up 3 sets, not your fault it's the stupid engineer. Your lucky you didn't get hurt.

20 hours ago, ridesincircle said:

The problem there is the alloy and design. They are using 6061 on the split mount design of ktm. Just not enough Web thickness for that alloy. The Japanese bike version of that should be fine because they dont have the split mount with the spring in the middle. If buying Aluminum pegs for ktm or similar design you need at least 2024 or even better 7075. Those raw materials cost more than twice as much though. So to the guy that messed up 3 sets, not your fault it's the stupid engineer. Your lucky you didn't get hurt.

7075 would probably do it