Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - LAST NIGHT TO ENTER! Read more... ×

Does anyone else's wrists kill them when they ride?

Hey,my wrists have been killing me when I ride,it happens mostly when I'm holding a wheelie and I'm pulling back on the bars,if I don't stop and take a brake it just gets worse and worse, anyone know any stretches or something?thanks

So you spend a lot of time doing wheelies? Why? Obviously NOT doing this, and riding would cut this down a lot.

Joe

• Like 2

So you spend a lot of time doing wheelies? Why? Obviously NOT doing this, and riding would cut this down a lot.

Joe
Because I love wheelies, I'm also a professional violinist and it hurts the same way if I play that for a while, I'm assuming the pain started from the bike but I don't know

17 hours ago, mixgashaulbass said:
17 hours ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Joe

I'm also a professional violinist and it hurts the same way if I play that for a while, I'm assuming the pain started from the bike but I don't know

I'll bite (wondering if you're for real..)

At the beginning of all rides my wrists hurt especially if everyone is hauling ass. Always takes me an hour or so to settle down, find a groove and the wrist (actually fore arm) pain to subside. 

Hopefully your wrist pain doesn't affect you soloing while playing your violin.

I'll bite (wondering if you're for real..)
At the beginning of all rides my wrists hurt especially if everyone is hauling ass. Always takes me an hour or so to settle down, find a groove and the wrist (actually fore arm) pain to subside. 
Hopefully your wrist pain doesn't affect you soloing while playing your violin.
It's to the point now where if I play my violin for more than 15 minutes the pain gets really bad, I've been doing some research and it looks like it's carpal tunnel, online it said you could massage the tendon and probably cure it but if that doesn't work I'm going to need to see a doctor

Sent from my Z959 using ThumperTalk mobile app

It's to the point now where if I play my violin for more than 15 minutes the pain gets really bad, I've been doing some research and it looks like it's carpal tunnel, online it said you could massage the tendon and probably cure it but if that doesn't work I'm going to need to see a doctor

Google it and you’ll find mention of “flossing” the tendons. There are stretching exercises that you can do that help slide those tendons through their sleeves (why it gets the name “flossing”). Some make you look like you’re doing Tai Chi (sp?) but they do help a bit. For me it’s worse mountain biking. I have found shaking a hand out (relax it and shake it, eg floppy) occasionally while riding helps a lot.

• Like 1

Google it and you’ll find mention of “flossing” the tendons. There are stretching exercises that you can do that help slide those tendons through their sleeves (why it gets the name “flossing”). Some make you look like you’re doing Tai Chi (sp?) but they do help a bit. For me it’s worse mountain biking. I have found shaking a hand out (relax it and shake it, eg floppy) occasionally while riding helps a lot.
Ok, I'll look it up

Try a different bar bend.  You are probably having to hold your wrists in an unnatural manner.  I broke my left wrist very badly a while back and it never hurts.  So you need to start figuring out the why.  I would start with the bars.

I have a similar problem mainly in my throttle hand. My left hand is affected the same way after playing guitar for more than a half hour. I’ve also broken my clutch wrist and played several contact sports in high school. Pretty sure I have carpel in both wrists. Anyways, doing finger stretches or wrist stretching (flexing) as well as regular upper body stretches before riding seems to keep it at bay a bit. I sometimes find that in a mellow section of trail I’m popping my hand off the throttle to stretch otherwise it starts to cramp up and then back on the throttle again. I’ve learned to deal. Takes the fun out of it sometimes, but at least I’m out in the woods in my own world having fun.

I have a similar problem mainly in my throttle hand. My left hand is affected the same way after playing guitar for more than a half hour. I’ve also broken my clutch wrist and played several contact sports in high school. Pretty sure I have carpel in both wrists. Anyways, doing finger stretches or wrist stretching (flexing) as well as regular upper body stretches before riding seems to keep it at bay a bit. I sometimes find that in a mellow section of trail I’m popping my hand off the throttle to stretch otherwise it starts to cramp up and then back on the throttle again. I’ve learned to deal. Takes the fun out of it sometimes, but at least I’m out in the woods in my own world having fun.
Ok, I've been trying to take it easy and it's gotten a lot better
  • Like 1