Can't get 2018 TX300 to Idle

I ran the air screw in all the way clockwise then backed out 1.5 turns per owners manual and no matter which way & how far I go clock & Counter wise it will not idle unless I hold the throttle cracked very slightly open.  I played a little with the idle speed adjusting screw with no change as well.  Any advice?  Oh and it hasn't idled since I brought it home and it did sit for 8 months before I just started being able to ride two we's ago.  Drained tank and using fresh gas.

Thx in advance...

23 minutes ago, Hammy-56 said:

if it sat for 8 months theres a good chance the carb needs cleaned in a sonic tank. The orifices are likely clogged, and carb cleaner won't do it.

It runs fine while riding, just won''t idle.  Normally when ones clogged it wont crank at all in my experience.

In your case I would buy a new pilot. It's one thing to get a small piece of debris out of a pilot that got sucked in. Bur much more difficult to get gum/varnish or corrosion completely out of one.

Hope it's as easy as swapping out your pilot and go ride! I would call me local dealer and hope they had one in stock.

29 minutes ago, 300man said:

In your case I would buy a new pilot. It's one thing to get a small piece of debris out of a pilot that got sucked in. Bur much more difficult to get gum/varnish or corrosion completely out of one.

Hope it's as easy as swapping out your pilot and go ride! I would call me local dealer and hope they had one in stock.

Great advice... Thanks..  Closest dealer is 3hrs one way, but I do have a KTM dealer close by, would they be able to get what I need?

I went to the Mikuni site and they say start with the idle mixture screw (large one with spring) out 1.5 turns and dont mention the air adjusting screw.  Can someone with experience with this carb walk me through the idle adjusting process so I at least know my attempt was correct.  Im at 800 ft above sea level and manual says back air screw out 1.5 turns. After that do I run the idle mixture screw (large one with spring) all the way in and back it out 1.5 also?

4 hours ago, 300man said:

Ordered a new Pilot Jet, hope its as easy as that too...

2 hours ago, Hammy-56 said:

if your bike sat for 8 months without running, with the same gas sitting in it, I promise you the carb is plugged up.

Thanks for the suggestion...  Going to try the Pilot, then take for a bath if that doesnt work.

• Like 1

I had the same problem with 2018 te300 bought the JD jet kit and had to play with the needle, ended up putting the blue needle and set it at 3rd groove, starts easy and idles great went riding Friday for the first time and never had any problems, was riding at 3500 elevation and about 74 degrees, very happy , I almost got the electron carb but this is the best riding two stroke I have ever had, very happy with JD jet kit.

• Like 1