Naked (no graphic) Betas...

Curious if any of you dudes are rocking just plain plastic on your RR's with no graphics.  If so post them up so i can see! I split my rear fender yesterday and am thinking about getting a polisport set.  My shrouds are still in ok condition so i was thinking about yanking those and preserving them.  We ride tight PNW woods so the bikes are constantly getting hit by stuff.

Also, for any of those that have the polisport plastic, is the red a match to the OEM stuff in color?   

Aint she pretty...

IMG_0248.jpg

Edited by surfer-dude

My buddy runs his without graphics. Red plastics and that’s it. Looks good. If you watch enough Barry videos, most of his riding group ride without graphics too.  I will not be replacing my graphics as I replace plastics.  The main reason for that is; I quit racing, graphics are stupid expensive, graphics are a pain In the arse, and I don’t care anymore. If you are just riding techy stuff, what does it matter

yes, the polisport red matches the beta red. I have 2 polisport fenders and a stock beta everything else. I cannot tell the difference. I’m also pretty color blind though. 😝

Edited by jpbova
My buddy runs his without graphics. Red plastics and that’s it. Looks good. If you watch enough Barry videos, most of his riding group ride without graphics too.  I will not be replacing my graphics as I replace plastics.  The main reason for that is; I quit racing, graphics are stupid expensive, graphics are a pain In the arse, and I don’t care anymore. If you are just riding techy stuff, what does it matter
yes, the polisport red matches the beta red. I have 2 polisport fenders and a stock beta everything else. I cannot tell the difference. I’m also pretty color blind though.

Thanks for the info, and I agree graphics can be a pain in the butt and they just don’t last here. It would be cool if you they infused the graphics into the plastic like the Yamaha’s. I’ll probably snag the kit from RMATV.

I'm slowly converting to plain plastic s as I blow up my panels. If I could go back in time I would save my original Plastics in a box and buy a set of poly sport plain ones when the bike was new. I have the white and it almost looks like a Honda without the beta badges

5 minutes ago, bikesandcars said:

I'm slowly converting to plain plastic s as I blow up my panels. If I could go back in time I would save my original Plastics in a box and buy a set of poly sport plain ones when the bike was new. I have the white and it almost looks like a Honda without the beta badges

I bought my bike BYOB, Race Edition, but requested the non Race Edition graphics be installed. So I have a brand new set of RE graphics in a box for when I sell the bike.

54 minutes ago, NW_drZ said:

Thanks for the info, and I agree graphics can be a pain in the butt and they just don’t last here. It would be cool if you they infused the graphics into the plastic like the Yamaha’s. I’ll probably snag the kit from RMATV.

Yes the only way I will do graphics anymore is if they are in mould. I believe Polisport own the technology on this. 

Kran and bikesandcars are doing it right. Save the stock graphics and plastics for when you sell the bike.  

9 hours ago, surfer-dude said:

Aint she pretty...

IMG_0248.jpg

Sweet. Get a black seat cover and complete the Darth Vader look. 

I've got a rear fender with like 2-3 inches snapped off the back from previous owner. You can have this. I have a box of polisports at the ready.

Nah, these Betas look better with the makeup. 22521.jpeg

Nah, these Betas look better with the makeup. 22521.jpeg.6ad2063a7c833373a3047b0365bb260f.jpeg
I laughed way to hard at this. Loved it.

If panels are needed, I often use micro-drills and fine copper wire, stitching and lacing the breaks together until the broken pieces make one whole. It doesn't look new, because it isn't. It eventually takes on a battle-scarred life of its own, as a bike that has been there, done that. If you have a few years on you, Get a very few stickers from dangerous trouble spots around the world. Keep your scoot well tuned, your shoulders back, your eyes on the horizon and your mouth FIRMLY locked shut. 

plain jane XT, bike is actually brand new and unridden, my 2018 XT250 demo. BETA OEM plastics

01M - 1 (2).jpg

Edited by Roon
1 hour ago, Roon said:

plain jane XT, bike is actually brand new and unridden, my 2018 XT250 demo. BETA OEM plastics

01M - 1 (2).jpg

Roon,

Will that tailpiece fit the '18. 300RR?

Do you know if there's a red tailpiece available from OEM or Polisport for the '18. models?

I assume that other red plastic pieces from earlier years will fit.

24796488_2180105675348242_2272307850724760322_n.jpg.d75dd280fd1420be6b49eab0c140822a.jpgOriginal stickers flew off after the first few rides, bike didn't look too bad 26733854_2247759878582821_4372456318417734343_n.jpg.88abd5ae07a5580b694472f8cfb97318.jpg

Edited by Black-swan

Graphics help hold plastic together after a crash. It also helps to break up the over abundance of solid color. Have yet to see a bike without graphics look good. Blackswan's XT is the best so far!

Just not a fan of all black plastics. I like some color in my bikes, graphics or no... 

2 hours ago, weantright said:

Graphics help hold plastic together after a crash. It also helps to break up the over abundance of solid color. Have yet to see a bike without graphics look good. Blackswan's XT is the best so far!

No, sorry, Roon's is best so far.

naw, needs graphics. without it looks like a beater jap bike

Graphics actually protect plastics and keep them longer in good shape.