What do you use to clean your bike after muddy day?

I run a garden hose from my electric hot water heater in the garage to my gas pressure washer. Works awesome!!!

It takes almost all the grunge, grease, etc. off!

Then I blow dry with my compressor air.

Lube everything. Done in like 10 minutes total.

Then go drink a beer or cocktail of your choice. Ha!

• Like 6

I run a garden hose from my electric hot water heater in the garage to my gas pressure washer. Works awesome!!!

Why do you heat your hot water?
  • Like 4

You missed my snide reading comprehension joke, which is totally Meta.
Yeah welcome back[emoji16]. Im tired didn't catch it. But when I got the email you quoted me I knew[emoji39], what it was.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeavyRotation said:
1 hour ago, Prineville18 said:

Why do you heat your hot water?

He does it for abundant alliteration.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prineville18 said:

Remember the worst thing you can do with a pressure washer is hold is more than 1 inch away, the closer the better.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Prineville18 said:

Wow you do all that in 10 mins - i'm still unwinding the pressure washer hose  :banghead:

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Prineville18 said:

I did that too once, but the hot water expanded everything so much that the pressure washer started leaking everywhere. (cheaper gas pressure washer)  Used to use regular temp with pressure washer.

Now I just use a hose (new bike) and Shout laundry detergent in the spray bottle.  hose off the mud, coat the bike in Shout, let it sit for a few minutes, and hose her off.  Looks brand new again.

I did that too once, but the hot water expanded everything so much that the pressure washer started leaking everywhere. (cheaper gas pressure washer)  Used to use regular temp with pressure washer.
Now I just use a hose (new bike) and Shout laundry detergent in the spray bottle.  hose off the mud, coat the bike in Shout, let it sit for a few minutes, and hose her off.  Looks brand new again.

Your mud must be different than mine. A hose wouldn’t even begin to touch this stuff.
IMG_0432.JPG
  • Like 16

Just now, Tahoe Gator said:

Two wheels holding up an upside down triangle-shaped mud rock. Is there a bike that picture?

This is after a 2 hour drive home in the rain also. Man that 12 hour race at Goldendale 10 or so years ago was brutal.

2 hours ago, Wraith0513 said:

Yeah, medium tip pressure washer for that mess....  Staying away from the electrics and bearings.  THEN Shout and the hose.

yeah, i was goin' with the same idea.  i have seen videos of bikes going off road into a river past the engine but the bike was insulated and had a snorkel. 

1. will it or will it not high pressure washing, soap and water will get into all the electrical connections and cause problems? 

2. doesnt the electrical need to be insulated for pressure washing and submersion in water?