Grindy/buzz noise coming from crank case I think

Hello all

So my 99 Dr350se got a new noise the other day and hoping someone else may have had a similar issue  

at around 4900-5200 rpm there is a buzzing like grindiing sound coming from the left side of the bike. I think we have narrowed it down to the crankcase. 

It happens regardless of speed or gear that I am in. It also seems to happen more often as it decellerates but it does happen on the way up sometimes too. 

Oil is good and nothing is obviously loose that i have found yet. Chain has also recently been lubed. 

Any help is appreciated 

Thanks,

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Reid Varland
      So I have been looking at reviews for MMI Phoenix and they have been pretty mixed. I heard they were the only MMI school that works with KTM, which is what I would like to specialize in. Wondering if it is worth the money and if not are there better options where I can pursue this career?
    • By DilloTheTank
      Hey guys, I'm new to the dual sport scene, and I'm working on my 99' DR350 to customize it more to my liking. I installed a Trail Tech X2 headlight and I realized that while in the high beam setting, only the larger bottom lamp comes on. Is this normal? It's plenty bright, but I would prefer both lights come on while in high beam. I would greatly appreciate some guidance on sorting this issue out.  Also, my bike has two yellow wires leading to the high beam, I'm assuming one is related to the high beam indicator? 
    • By Mr_KX
      Hello. Im struggling with this one. 
      1996 Suzuki DR350se. Ran great until I parked it. I haven't driven it in 2 years. pulled it out and rode to store a couple months ago. when almost home, at a stop sign, it coughed and died. didn't want to start but did for a minute and spit out a huge cloud of black smoke. then wouldn't run again. 
      I tinkered with it a bit and pulled the stator hoping it was a sheared woodruff key. sure enough! replaced the key and put back together. now it starts and idles although not well (better with choke on). as soon as I give it any throttle, it dies. 
      It feels like ignition timing to me. I've gone through the carb and cleaned it 5 times with no change. Ive replaced the spark plug. Ive also tried giving it a light mist of starter fluid while cracking the throttle thinking its a lean issue and no change. Ive also sprayed starter fluid around carb while idling to see if theres a vacuum leak and found none. I dont think its carb related. 
      stock CV carb. Pilot jet is clear. diaphragm looks ok. tried manually lifting main needle while cracking throttle and no help.
      What else could cause this? 
      Is there a way to check ignition timing with a timing light?
      Thanks!
    • By Reid Varland
      I am currently in high school and I am planning out my career path after I graduate. My dream is to be a KTM Factory Racing mechanic, but I haven't found a very clear answer on what steps must be taken to become one. For example would it require a college degree or would I be able to go to a trade school or learn by apprenticeship? If any suggestion would be appreciated, thank you.
    • By Mykell Wright
      I need help I don’t know what the name of this gear on my 1999 dr350 can you guys help me