xr200r rear brake light

Yep.........looks like a (rear) brake light switch.  They are just a make or brake switch with a over travel spring to protect the switch from damage.  Pick one you like and go for it.?

Old School Al

Edited by Old School Al

I also got the rear light that has combined a stop light and tail light.  

What is the best way to wire the new switch and additional rear light on a stock 87 xr200r?   What should I tap into for electrical power?

10039820.jpg

Edited by wazzabie

Physically that looks very like a Honda XR unit but check the functions of the wires. The LEDs will light with a 9volt battery. The brightest light is the brake light.  If the light is Honda the green is ground, brown is tail light, and  green/yellow for brake.  

+1 on OSA. Lots of options on switches. There are also some flatter switches, a friend mounted a flat one on the front side of the clutch cover. Attached it to the exhaust  heat shield with wire and the spring near the front of the brake pedal.

bik_10_cus_sto_lig_swi.jpg&s=160&aspect=

WA state requires a light for the license plate and a light on the top of fender won't do that but aftermarket units like Tusk and others do.  I have a Tusk on my CRF250X and run it on headlight AC, but not all LEDs have the circuirty to do that. 

tus_16_led_tai_lig_bra_lig-1274930001.jp

• Like 1