Clutch Diagnosis

If I sit on flat ground in 1st gear with the clutch all the way in the bike still wants to roll forward like its still slightly in gear. Any ideas on the problem, or how to fix it?

Edited by Fanga Dagen

Common issue.

Its likely due to a worn clutch basket, but the same kind of wear could also happen on the hub.

If the wear is not too bad, sometimes filing the basket tabs could eliminate the issue. Ultimately a replacement basket is needed.

See this video for what you are looking for:

Edited by allrightythen

30 minutes ago, allrightythen said:

Common issue.

Its likely due to a worn clutch basket, but the same kind of wear could also happen on the hub.

If the wear is not too bad, sometimes filing the basket tabs could eliminate the issue. Ultimately a replacement basket is needed.

This is so wrong and uneven!  By using a longer fine you can match the pitch perfectly by laying the file in the ear and the one across from it, not directly across but lesser so you'll actually be filing two at the same time which gives you leverage and eveness.  

I've done this on my Honda I filed and polished for a few hours lol bike shifts great now. I realized the problem after I bought new clutch plates and saw the wear on the hub. only issue I think is after filing the grooves away I feel like sometimes the clutch is a little loud when it engages like the play is causing it to slam

Common issue.

On 5/14/2018 at 11:40 AM, yz250f 78 said:

This is so wrong and uneven!  By using a longer fine you can match the pitch perfectly by laying the file in the ear and the one across from it, not directly across but lesser so you'll actually be filing two at the same time which gives you leverage and eveness.  

I get what you are saying. It does work good.