Jump to content

Tickle Positive

Recommended Posts

No surprise there.. its a split sample of the same tainted piss.. :excuseme:  If A was positive then even independently tested B should be also. 

 

That really sucks, his career is basically over now.. 

 

Edited by jetfuel
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 years is a long time in the SX/MX arena. He may never be able to get back in the grove........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 4 year suspension crap has got to go.

And it needs a separate, completely independent, confirmation of wrongdoing Before  being denied racing privileges.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure he can appeal to WADA if he wants, but I'm guessing all the top guys are taking something...which is no different than any other sport. If you want to play that game, you gotta no that a 4 year suspension is part of the consequences, no pity from me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

The B sample was always going to be positive.

If he was taking a banned substance, he got it from his trainer.

Huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Sierra_rider said:

I'm pretty sure he can appeal to WADA if he wants, but I'm guessing all the top guys are taking something...which is no different than any other sport. If you want to play that game, you gotta no that a 4 year suspension is part of the consequences, no pity from me. 

The appeal wouldn't be to WADA.  It would be to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

Edited by redrider144

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ring ding ding said:

Huh?

It was the same sample of urine.  If A is positive, B is going to be positive.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

That 4 year suspension crap has got to go.

And it needs a separate, completely independent, confirmation of wrongdoing Before  being denied racing privileges.

Maybe, maybe not? He got caught using an illegal substance... Many before and many after will be tested over and over again without failing, so where do you draw the line? 

Maybe stay away from those over the counter Mexican penis pills and you'll be alright... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hans Schmid said:

Maybe stay away from those over the counter Mexican penis pills and you'll be alright.

:facepalm:  Damnit!  Those got me from 3" to 3.08" now you're saying they're bad?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

It was the same sample of urine.  If A is positive, B is going to be positive.  

Not if it was a false positive. I believe that's why there's a B sample to begin with. Even with equipment being as sophisticated as it is now there's still errors and mistakes. Apparently he doesn't hush money

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, shmuck409 said:

Not if it was a false positive. I believe that's why there's a B sample to begin with. Even with equipment being as sophisticated as it is now there's still errors and mistakes. Apparently he doesn't hush money

If false positives are a thing, why do they ban off of just the A sample?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If false positives are a thing, why do they ban off of just the A sample?  


I don’t know the testing protocols but I’d guess they use an ELISA test. I’ve worked with them some and they are time sensitive. Eventually any sample will test positive. If it was done by hand by a lab tech who bumped a plate or didn’t eject their micropipette tip it’d be easy to get a false positive.

False positives absolutely do happen and are not all that rare. I’m surprised WADA does it the way they do.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Wonderspoon said:

 


I don’t know the testing protocols but I’d guess they use an ELISA test. I’ve worked with them some and they are time sensitive. Eventually any sample will test positive. If it was done by hand by a lab tech who bumped a plate or didn’t eject their micropipette tip it’d be easy to get a false positive.

False positives absolutely do happen and are not all that rare. I’m surprised WADA does it the way they do.

 

Do you know that since they do Hair samples these days also .. could one be taken to go back and verify the Piss sample ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jetfuel said:

Do you know that since they do Hair samples these days also .. could one be taken to go back and verify the Piss sample ? 

He probably wouldn't want to do that, since a hair sample would potentially give away a lot more information on things he's gotten away with, like a doobie or 3 in the offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

The B sample was always going to be positive.

If he was taking a banned substance, he got it from his trainer.

Like I always said, test the top 10...... You'll get a new top 10 full of privateers. And test ALL of Aldon Bakers boys..... + Eli Tomac!

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

He probably wouldn't want to do that, since a hair sample would potentially give away a lot more information on things he's gotten away with, like a doobie or 3 in the offseason.

Def wouldn't want a hair test or they goan find out about the twenty lines of blow he done off a strippers ass in 07

Edited by Creature-Sauce
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×