I've been looking at carbs for the drz and was wondering what intake manifold everyone is running to get larger carbs to fit. Can I use a larger spigot mount 24mm carb and fit in my stock intake boot?

The stock carb, while only a 20mm, actually has a fairly large spigot diameter.  A TM24, or TM26, actually are smaller than the 20mm stocker.

On 5/18/2018 at 0:33 AM, mjg15 said:

The stock carb, while only a 20mm, actually has a fairly large spigot diameter.  A TM24, or TM26, actually are smaller than the 20mm stocker.

I didn't know that thank you! I may look into a vm24 for the drz then.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By DrGoon
      So, i'm hoping someone can put my mind at ease here: I can smell oil when my bike is running, but i don't see it - this says to me that it can't be too bad because if it was terrible i'd see blue smoke?
      I'm due a valve clearance check i believe (i can here them for one) and two it's done about 4k miles since i owned it. Could badly adjusted valves cause excess oil to flow into the combustion chamber or will i be looking at something more sinister?
      Someone please reply before i check my clearances because I'm getting nervous that my guides are cracked or something.
    • By Dannymeress212
      A friend of mine asked me to fix his drz125 for him. The bike was put away running and sat for about 6 years In a shed. I cleaned the carb, air box, air filter, etc... and shimed the valves. The bike will start right up 1st kick but when it gets hot it will only idle and die out when u give it gas. I think it's a fuel related issue but I don't know what else to do. Please help, any ideas are appreciated. 
    • By dsilver1007
      I am currently looking at running the lt230 stage 1 hotcam (part number 2066-1) and the Chinese big bore kits for a gn125. Will I have any issues with this combination such as the valves hitting the piston? I have searched for quite some time through the threads and I haven't seen anyone running this exact combo so I wanted to ask before I spent the money. Thanks in advance! 
    • By Apose
      this happened while riding around a little track with no jumps just a hill that we turn around once and there’s this super tiny bump on the track maybe 2 inches tall? went over it a few times fine last lap went over boom my rear fender and tire are touching. Will a new frame fix this and maybe shock linkage? Also I can’t think it was just this that caused it because a week ago i was riding this big jump over and over again and cased a few times but cleared most times i’m thinking maybe that cracked it at the spot and then it was just on its last stretch?

• By beamishnz
      Been trying to help Berg1947 who is struggling with a carb issue and aware of many posts over the years requiring carb info especially airscrew adjustment and location advice.
      So I've scanned a few pages from the manual that relate to this particular subject to help Berg and fellow DRZ enthusiasts in the future
      Remember if you want a copy of th ewhole manual see seperate thread on DRZ Service Manual http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638995