Hotrods + high compression piston

3 hours ago, Eric1897 said:

Idk if u read back in the post but I was looking to do a hot cam stage 2 with the high cp piston also with the hot rod 2.5mm crank and also was going to add the vortex ecu map also I have a full fmf 4.1 system

Go for it if you are running straight race gas and a map for it. Don’t count on it to be as reliable as stock though.

• Like 1

Idk if u read back in the post but I was looking to do a hot cam stage 2 with the high cp piston also with the hot rod 2.5mm crank and also was going to add the vortex ecu map also I have a full fmf 4.1 system

I did. Not trying to sway you one way or another. I was just giving you other options. If you are ok with being locked down to race fuel I say go for it.

Go for it if you are running straight race gas and a map for it. Don’t count on it to be as reliable as stock though.

Precisely! I pushed mine to 50 hrs and everything looked great but I didn’t like it. I only had a few rounds left in our series and didn’t want to miss any races so I pushed it past my comfort level but I would not make a habit of pushing an engine that revs that far to those limits.

6 minutes ago, BDubb106 said:

I did. Not trying to sway you one way or another. I was just giving you other options. If you are ok with being locked down to race fuel I say go for it.

Would BP u4.4 be best fuel or mr12??

7 hours ago, Eric1897 said:

Would BP u4.4 be best fuel or mr12??

I typically run U4.4 or T4 depending on what they have in stock because of the price point. I tend to lean more towards 4.4 but both are good fuels, can't really go wrong with either.

MR12 is a good fuel but at the price point I would not even consider it unless you are doing some serious racing and have the ability to twist the throttle hard enough. Even then it would not be my go to fuel for daily riding. If you are spending that kind of money you may as well go with the latest and greatest and run Pro 6. 

31 minutes ago, BDubb106 said:

I typically run U4.4 or T4 depending on what they have in stock because of the price point. I tend to lean more towards 4.4 but both are good fuels, can't really go wrong with either.

MR12 is a good fuel but at the price point I would not even consider it unless you are doing some serious racing and have the ability to twist the throttle hard enough. Even then it would not be my go to fuel for daily riding. If you are spending that kind of money you may as well go with the latest and greatest and run Pro 6. 

Holy crap the pro 6 cost a left but ??? is that like the best fuel to get? ?

It is the cream of the crop when it comes to Pro AMA events but the cost is crazy. You also need to tune for it to get the full benefit. It was formulated to meet AMA regulations which do not allow for lead, specific gravity is limited, oxygen content is limited, and the oxygen agents allowed to be used are extremely limited. MR12 is the same theory (essentially a leaded alternative to Pro 6), you will need to tune for it to see any of the real benefits it can offer and it is only about $30 cheaper than the Pro 6. These types of fuels are blended to keep octane ratings as low as possible while still putting out great power and stability for highly modded engines. I cannot recommend anyone go out and pay $30+ a gallon for fuel that will yield no benefit over alternative fuels. 

You are essentially wasting money if you do not need to meet fuel requirements in order to race your series. 

I also herd that you have to empty it out of your bike after every ride is that true? Or is there like a limit to how long it so I also herd that if it sit pretty much the fuel will turn into regular pumped gas

2 minutes ago, Eric1897 said:

I also herd that you have to empty it out of your bike after every ride is that true? Or is there like a limit to how long it so I also herd that if it sit pretty much the fuel will turn into regular pumped gas

You can if you are concerned about it but I never have... I just make sure mine is full at all times. Mine sits for 1-2 months during winter in between my trips south and I have never had an issue. I do start it regularly (once every week or two) though just to keep things moving through the system.

Also find a pallet or build a small shelf or something to sit your fuel cans on. Do not sit them on the concrete surface of your garage or shop. 

18 minutes ago, BDubb106 said:

You can if you are concerned about it but I never have... I just make sure mine is full at all times. Mine sits for 1-2 months during winter in between my trips south and I have never had an issue. I do start it regularly (once every week or two) though just to keep things moving through the system.

Also find a pallet or build a small shelf or something to sit your fuel cans on. Do not sit them on the concrete surface of your garage or shop. 

Will a vertex ecu be a good tune??