I finally RODE MY BIKE INTO THE TRUCK BED! (video)

i ride mine onto the back of my Ford UTE every time - you can walk the bike up as well while feathering the clutch in first - although those gaps in your ramp rungs are huge

Its no worse than riding up a short semi-steep bit of dirt - practice makes perfect

• Like 2

7 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

i ride mine onto the back of my Ford UTE every time - you can walk the bike up as well while feathering the clutch in first - although those gaps in your ramp rungs are huge

Its no worse than riding up a short semi-steep bit of dirt - practice makes perfect

That's how I convinced myself to do it...the only reason it's creepy is because of what I can see (drop-off on each side and little room for error). But I know that if it were a small earthen berm I wouldn't think twice. 

6 hours ago, dlock5 said:

I was always scared the ramp would fall lol. We strap it down to the hitch now to make sure.

Definitely part of the equation. If you look closely in the video I have it VERY secure with a chain on each side. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Torchsport said:

Lol. Reminds me of the Knievels when they would build up drama and pass the ramp when you thought "this time he will do it!" ?

I once had a KLX300. ?

The feeling of actually going for it reminded me of the feeling of running toward a cliff edge to jump off down into water. "This is happening..." Now it'll be no big deal. What do you ride now?

5 hours ago, LSHD said:

I expected to see an 8" u-ramp, not a drawbridge! Still can be scary. Congrats! ?

Thanks. As a noobie, these baby steps are fun for me. I'm a legitimate quad rider, but just getting into bikes...it's a new horizon, new ball game, etc. I already had the folding ramp...so I put it to use. 

10 hours ago, ring ding ding said:

Legitimate quad riders are nonexistant! Just a reminder. Hopefully the KLX turns your life around. ?

Ok, this made me chuckle. Gotta remember what page I'm posting to. ? Yes, the KLX has broadened my horizons for sure. 

9 hours ago, HeavyRotation said:

Screenshot_20180519-124739.jpg

This...made me laugh out loud. Nice one. Luckily I'm happily married to a very attractive REAL woman, and WE have 4 biological offspring. ? I'm getting into dirt bikes with enough time to reverse the potential negative side-effects of 10+years of quad riding.  

• Like 1

That is/was truly hilarious.  

I had to tell my boy the other day, as he had seen so many riding ATV's/Quads in the parking lot, when he had asked why so many are riding ATV's, that they ride them for a number of reasons.  Sometimes guys have the machines because they do work like plow driveways and tow things around or to maintain trails.  Finally, I had to tell him that mostly, it is guys that never learned how to ride a dirtbike as a dirtbike is just way more fun than an ATV and that if one can ride a dirtbike, they can ride an ATV but usually it does not work the other way around.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ben500RR-S said:

That is/was truly hilarious.  

I had to tell my boy the other day, as he had seen so many riding ATV's/Quads in the parking lot, when he had asked why so many are riding ATV's, that they ride them for a number of reasons.  Sometimes guys have the machines because they do work like plow driveways and tow things around or to maintain trails.  Finally, I had to tell him that mostly, it is guys that never learned how to ride a dirtbike as a dirtbike is just way more fun than an ATV and that if one can ride a dirtbike, they can ride an ATV but usually it does not work the other way around.  

From my experience, I agree with this statement. 

10 hours ago, Torchsport said:

I've had many dirt bikes and sport quads including 2 Banshees. 

Can ride both just fine. Both have their place. 

That's how I feel. For example, it seems to me that a Raptor 700R just makes the dunes come alive. From my experience, hunting elk off of my Honda Rancher is ideal. On the other hand, forest roads - particularly rough ones - are quicker and more enjoyable to me on a dirt bike. This could go on and on...

Try standing up when riding the bike into the truck. You have almost no control sitting. This isn’t a quad. Also, try to visualize that the ramp as just a piece of trail. Riding a bike into a truck is not hard at all, just stand and focus and you will be fine.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dittohead said:

Try standing up when riding the bike into the truck. You have almost no control sitting. This isn’t a quad. Also, try to visualize that the ramp as just a piece of trail. Riding a bike into a truck is not hard at all, just stand and focus and you will be fine.

Tapped out in 5th

23938bd56ffa302458768cd8e597d8f6.jpg.bdcc9188ecf85004fdb05e6145a68cf6.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/21/2018 at 9:53 PM, dittohead said:

Thanks. Just curious, did you watch the video? I was standing when I rode into the truck. 

On 5/21/2018 at 10:13 PM, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Tapped out in 5th

23938bd56ffa302458768cd8e597d8f6.jpg.bdcc9188ecf85004fdb05e6145a68cf6.jpg

Ok. I'll try tapped in 5th, and I'll be sure to take a video. It's likely to go viral. 

• Like 1