Hey guys. Just contemplating as to whether or not to pull the trigger and do the 3X3, rejet mod. Is the performance noticeable?

Hey guys. Just contemplating as to whether or not to pull the trigger and do the 3X3, rejet mod. Is the performance noticeable?

Yes. Factory specs are stupid lean for emissions, a 3x3 and rejet is mandatory.
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, archer49 said:

it is a 300lb single cylinder, 36hp motorcycle. Every Mod for "performance" is a small increase, no ONE mod is much in the seat of the pants noticeable (they are, but you will need to be very in tune ((see what I did there)) with the bike to notice)
So yes the 3x3 air box mod with the jetting that goes with it makes a felt difference, with amount "felt" relevant to what adding a small amount of power and throttle response is changed with just this Mod

• Like 3

Every rider's feel is different. Some are extremely sensitive to change and would describe something as a "big change" that another would say was noticable.

On my SM I did the 3x3, re-jet and slip-on at the same time so my results may be a little different than just a re-jet . From the showroom floor the bike could pull the front tire about a foot off the ground with throttle only in 1st gear. After the pipe, 3x3 and jet kit it had enough low end snap to loop out in 1st and 2nd gear . I would describe that as a fairly large change.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback guys. Did the mod - very happy I did.

• Like 1

My buddy bought his DRZ 1 week after I bought mine. I did the 3x3/jet mods as well as full FMF exhaust right after. When I did the mods I didn’t think it made much of a difference until we switched bikes and I got a side by side comparison. The mods made a world of difference in power and responsiveness.

• Like 1

My buddy bought his DRZ 1 week after I bought mine. I did the 3x3/jet mods as well as full FMF exhaust right after. When I did the mods I didn’t think it made much of a difference until we switched bikes and I got a side by side comparison. The mods made a world of difference in power and responsiveness.
Same here, mine was jetted & full FMF exhaust, nothing else at the time. My buddy had a bone stock DRZ, we swapped bikes for about 15 minutes. He didn't want to give it back lol.