Opening Weekend Party/Invitational at Little Naches

The weekend of June 16/17 An inmate named Anatoli and I are planning on hitting Little Naches for the opening w/e, and we'd like to invite Inmates and Thumpers out for a ride party and camping weekend. 

Great opportunity for first time guests to this incredible riding venue, one of the best on Earth. The riding is generally advanced to expert. 

Not sure if you can ride the stuff, need some practice and or warm ups? My suggestion is that you go to Capitol Forest in Olympia and run up and down the North Rim trail/Rock Candy trail. If you can handle those switchbacks and vert up and down, then you can handle Little Naches as a first timer. 

I'm planning on some structured and planned rides for a variety of skill levels. Easy, hard, and perhaps some cool dual sport trip? Also, may as well do a midnight ride to the top while we're at it!

This is a video I made two years ago when I for the first time traversed the entire ridge. It's kind of long, but you'll see the variety of the ride area by doing some viewing of this episode. 

For you veterans out there, I'm sure you're chomping at the bit like I am for the "good stuff". 

Intentions are to get campsites at Longmeadow Camp area located at .... 

NF-1902

Naches, WA 98937

47.015271, -121.141885

• Like 1

What is an “inmate”. The only inmates I know are locked up, and if they have somehow escaped and will be in the mountains I will stay far away!

I got too many pots boiling, right now. I will say from experience...the midnite ride isn't for the faint of heart. I had a blast last summer, riding Naches at night...late at night

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

The weekend of June 16/17 An inmate named Anatoli and I are planning on hitting Little Naches for the opening w/e, and we'd like to invite Inmates and Thumpers out for a ride party and camping weekend. 

Great opportunity for first time guests to this incredible riding venue, one of the best on Earth. The riding is generally advanced to expert. 

Not sure if you can ride the stuff, need some practice and or warm ups? My suggestion is that you go to Capitol Forest in Olympia and run up and down the North Rim trail/Rock Candy trail. If you can handle those switchbacks and vert up and down, then you can handle Little Naches as a first timer. 

I'm planning on some structured and planned rides for a variety of skill levels. Easy, hard, and perhaps some cool dual sport trip? Also, may as well do a midnight ride to the top while we're at it!

This is a video I made two years ago when I for the first time traversed the entire ridge. It's kind of long, but you'll see the variety of the ride area by doing some viewing of this episode. 

For you veterans out there, I'm sure you're chomping at the bit like I am for the "good stuff". 

NF-1902

Naches, WA 98937

47.015271, -121.141885

Probably won't be able to reach the top in mid June FYI

Joe

The Yakima Valley Dust Dodgers will be clearing trail again this weekend. I was out there last weekend clearing and the snow is melting fast !

• Like 2

10 hours ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Probably won't be able to reach the top in mid June FYI

Joe

Wherever there are three of us, everywhere we can go.  

• Like 1

Luv that whole area  That could be a really good wknd   That midnight ride is truly crazy.   I wanna try but got to admit kinda scared especially with all this Bigfoot talk.......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cougbike said:

Luv that whole area  That could be a really good wknd   That midnight ride is truly crazy.   I wanna try but got to admit kinda scared especially with all this Bigfoot talk.......

A deer whistle scares the shit out of Sasquatch 

22 hours ago, Engstrom said:

advrider slang

The word "inmate" seems to trigger an annoying popup for a criminal background check service on this thread. AI sucks.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 8:28 AM, TigerTanker said:

NF-1902

Naches, WA 98937

47.015271, -121.141885

see if I can make it. Always with my 4X4 over there. Been wanting to ride it real bad.

9 minutes ago, ricky racer said:

see if I can make it. Always with my 4X4 over there. Been wanting to ride it real bad.

Sounds good. I’ll be working on a 3 day list of 6 rides covering a variety of skill levels. So far about 5-6 of us. 

Posted (edited)

The new Moon is on the 13th of June. Our midnight ride will be quite dark...adding to the terror.... Bring a good flash light and a brand new lighter...

On Saturday June 16th we'll meet at Whistlin Jack's around 10pm before we head up to Mt. Clifty. 

Edited by TigerTanker

Not required, but there will be a voluntary death march down trail or up #945 to visit Blood Rock. 

• Like 1

Got up to Funny Rocks yesterday, there’s basically no snow left. Conditions should be perfect. 

Inmate Anatoli and I are working on this together and he’s going to lead some killer dual sport rides. 

We already have a good deal of interest in this event. The format of morning ride, afternoon ride, easy/hard rides assures folks of being safe and having fun. You pick what you want. 

If turnout is big enough might have some extreme enduro rides added guided by some folks that know the area. 

Got at least 3 folks coming all the way from California. So far expecting 15-20. 

Check in please if you can attend. 

The Yakima Dust Dodgers event is the following weekend so that isn’t a conflict. I was at their event two years ago and they put on an excellent ride event for families