Found this bike in a building that I'm possibly doing some work on. Considering a little barter. He says he still rides it. Any thoughts? It was stuck in with a bunch of other bikes so no good photos. 20180518_143426.jpg20180518_143412.jpg20180518_143403.jpg

• Like 3

What I like is the Yamaha dirt bike with the factory “luggage rack” has been turned into another seat for the passenger!!!

The Kawi is a decent find. Some parts might be hard to find though. You have to love the shape of the 400’s seat though!  Didn’t they up the displacement just after ‘79 to something like a 420??

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Korbenw7p3c said:

What I like is the Yamaha dirt bike with the factory “luggage rack” has been turned into another seat for the passenger!!!

The Kawi is a decent find. Some parts might be hard to find though. You have to love the shape of the 400’s seat though!  Didn’t they up the displacement just after ‘79 to something like a 420??

May have been 81 but the irony of green and 420 is funny. Friend of mine has a KX400 motor sitting in his garage that he'd sell I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Korbenw7p3c said:

You have to love the shape of the 400’s seat though!  

Didn’t they up the displacement just after ‘79 to something like a 420??

Yeah looks like they cut it from a slab of wood

81 was the first KDX420

80 the first KX420

• Like 2

That tammie looks like an RT360.  I would buy the Kawi if the price was decent.  Cool bike

Any idea what the "right price" is?

54 minutes ago, newk75 said:

Any idea what the "right price" is?

Even if it were free, once you restore it all to your maintenance spec you'll have more into it that what you could sell on craigslist. Sorry to be a downer...

Even if it were free, once you restore it all to your maintenance spec you'll have more into it that what you could sell on craigslist. Sorry to be a downer...
Not like the betas, you know, moneymakers. those old bikes are cool, just hard to put down the modern bike for a " cool" old dual shocker. I think I'd rather have an old Yamaha 465 given the choice.
Didn't know if I'd stumbled onto green gold.
  • Like 1