Anyone going green for 05?

not a chance.

not a chance.

I would have to agree with gonzo.... :)

not a chance, but I am getting a new blue one!!!!! :)

Ya I think im gonna get a new blue one in 05 as well!!!

only unless my pancreast goes out and I start puking Green vile

I have never owned a kawasaki of all the bikes I have owned. I will never own a kawasaki I hate the color green :)

its only a 4 valve :)

I can not wait to see the new yz 05 450f and here about the changes as well so of anyone has good true info let it fly! :):D :D :usa::D :D

i love my yami... would never get the first year of any bike but, not opposed to taking one for a test ride if anyone gets one :)

I don't think the bike can be a 5 valve, because yamaha has the patent.

So is the 05' Yam going to be an alloy frame? Or si it just Suzuki and Kawasaki that are set to change?

I haven't heard any news on the 05' Yam's

No one knows... I bet it will be steel, but I could be wrong.

I hope it stays steel. It gives a better ride and it's a lot easier to work on your bike with the small tubing.

I hope it stays steel. It gives a better ride and it's a lot easier to work on your bike with the small tubing.

Exactly! On the CRF you can hardly see the carb much less work on it. I supose like anything else you get used to it though.

They have already proved you can make a steel frame bike lighter than an aluminum frame bike. I don't really see a good reason to go to aluminum other than for aesthetics and marketing value.

I'd rather try the RM. No concrete reason why.

Although I think any brand new model is a risky purchase.

Exactly! On the CRF you can hardly see the carb much less work on it.

Removing the carb does take a little longer.

But jetting changes are 100% easier on a CRF than a YZF (except the air jets, which nobody fools w/ anyway).

Exactly! On the CRF you can hardly see the carb much less work on it. I supose like anything else you get used to it though.

They have already proved you can make a steel frame bike lighter than an aluminum frame bike. I don't really see a good reason to go to aluminum other than for aesthetics and marketing value.

Yeah but they hold their value better. And Honda's, even though the carb is a little tougher to get to, are much easier to work on because of the way they are put together. To tear down the subframe on 426 is a real compared to CRF. Changing the oil is easier on a CRF also even though there are two reserviors to change.

When it comes time, I'll be back on a Honda. But I just couldn't walk by ths 2002 YZ426. $2800, never wrecked, brand new tires, new chain, new sprocket, new handlebars, lots of Works accessories. It's heavy but it doesn't do anything funny. Very stable bike. But it ain't red!!!

I am happy to see the new KX and RM 450's. It will only push Honda and Yamaha hard to make their bikes better. No substitute for competition. Would I buy one?? Not if Bubba is not on a green bike any longer !! LOL

NOW THERE IS A WHOLE NEW DISCUSSION!!! :)