Fantasy MX & SX

1 minute ago, MANIAC998 said:

Soft wood, 12” easy!!!

Cherry, she struggled with 8”.

I looked into renting a forestry mower from MN to clear some land, it was a bad ass machine.  they said 2' trees and 2' granite was told it would turn into powder, it would go 18" into the ground 8' wide with a 330hp monster.  the guy said I could plant flowers behind it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

:worthy:

I dont remember the brand I was looking at, it might have been barko.. I would need to do some searching and looking at my phone and emails, its been 2yrs.  Anyway, I was inquiring to rent a forestry mower/mulcher.  I was considering buying 35 acres and using it, all over grown.  I figured 20 acres of it needed clearing of trees.  I got several quotes for land clearing from excavating company.  They were all around 3k per acre, = 60k for land clearing.   

The unit I was looking into that goes into the ground needed a special head and it was not the one's I seen online at the time.  They had them to rent, min 30 days, 1k per day for the unit 30k.  plus fuel which is huge, and teeth little over 100.00 each, it was sent with 10 are your expense little over 1k.  They are tungsten, so they grid rocks.  He said it would only take me maybe a week to clear 20 acres.  Which is still a good deal, but it would be better to somehow line up other jobs while you had it a month.   I guessed it would cost 6-10k one way to ship it.

I asked about wire, fencing, etc.  He said just make sure no one is around and it would not be an issue for the bearings.  He said try to keep people 300' away.  Truly a bad ass tool, that destroys everything in it's way.. very cool..  something like this one.. not same but close

Edited by Havingfun
  • Like 1