YZ450F fuel pump connector

I need to replace the plug on the wiring harness that connects to the tank of a YZ450F. I've got the tools to crimp terminals, so installing a spare connector would be easy. However, I can't find it as a separate part, and don't want to buy an entire harness. 

Any suggestions for finding this part? KTM publishes a list of spare connectors for their bikes, but I could not find anything like this for the Yamaha.

Thanks in advance!

The mating connector is part of the fuel pump assembly, so replacing both is not an option. So far I've not found a source for replacement other than a full wiring harness, which is overkill for one simple connector. It may be a Yamaha specific part, or a more readily available commercial item, I'm not sure.

• 1 year later...
On 5/19/2018 at 6:45 PM, ktm-don said:

I need to replace the plug on the wiring harness that connects to the tank of a YZ450F. I've got the tools to crimp terminals, so installing a spare connector would be easy. However, I can't find it as a separate part, and don't want to buy an entire harness. 

Any suggestions for finding this part? KTM publishes a list of spare connectors for their bikes, but I could not find anything like this for the Yamaha.

Thanks in advance!

Post a pic

Turns out that the harness had a weird internal short, had to untape it to find the issue. So the connector was not the problem, and some solder and shrink tube got things right again. Thanks for those that offered suggestions, I appreciate it!

• 1 year later...

You can find the connector here! Sumitomo DL .090 - 2.3mm Connector and Terminals (cycleterminal.com/dl-090-series.html) It says its the connector for the 16 WR450 but its the same connector on my 16, 17, and 19 450FY as well as my 17 WR450 and 15 250FX.

Look for the 2 pin DL 090  Female Connector -

Comes with with Terminals and seals

Terminals Fit wire size .3 - .85 mm (18-22 AWG)

6195-0064 Japan

Female DL 090-2B Wht    $3.25 each

timage.png.9cc2fbe69fc5eb3533bfed4f5f170e10.png

On 5/21/2018 at 10:50 AM, ktm-don said:

The mating connector is part of the fuel pump assembly, so replacing both is not an option. So far I've not found a source for replacement other than a full wiring harness, which is overkill for one simple connector. It may be a Yamaha specific part, or a more readily available commercial item, I'm not sure.

I found it at http://www.cycleterminal.com/dl-090-series.html. 

2 pin DL 090  Female Connector - Comes with with Terminals and seals

Terminals Fit wire size .3 - .85 mm (18-22 AWG)

6195-0064 Japan

Female DL 090-2B Wht    $3.25 each

• Like 1