Foresthill new Cut Trail on Loop Two - "Ridge Route" ride video

wow that reroute looks great. looks like bob needs to get better at switch backs.

• Like 1

hey arider, how ya been?   long time no hear.

I hate switchbacks. It's like taking out the garbage while your wife stands over you lecturing you how you don't know how to take out the garbage properly .   :smashpc:

Edited by bigbob

I have been good bob thanks for asking. Bob, Maybe you should give Matt Brownly a call at the Foresthill ranger station, he is the trails guy that fixed that trail. Maybe he will make the next section straighter. :lol: 

• Like 1

Thanks I will call him.  I called the GT ranger district trail guy twice about trail work... but he did not return my call.   I didn't push it either.  I need to get motivated more.  I would like to get back into Trail Maintenance...   I always liked it, got me out of the house,  and yes making trails better for The Skipper is a benefit  :thumbsup:

On 5/20/2018 at 5:14 PM, bigbob said:

There ain’t no suffering at FH

It is

Candy land

We can suffer, when you wanna go? 

We stage at China Wall. We hit the upper top 5 loop, then the 6. Then back to the main 5 connection down the mountain to Sugar Pine for a rip around the 7, 3 and 2. Back to the 7, back to the 5 and back up to China Wall. Without stopping for selfies..... You in?

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 3

Haha! 

I rode with guys last weekend, every hour they had a beer and smoke break.

• Like 1

Naw I am done with suffering

With Rain on Friday , Memorial Day FH weekend will be classic for us lower trail cruisers and loop 6 sufferers too. 7 am stage times though to beat the crowds.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigbob said:

Naw I am done with suffering

With Rain on Friday , Memorial Day FH weekend will be classic for us lower trail cruisers and loop 6 sufferers too. 7 am stage times though to beat the crowds.

Oh yeah.... Memorial Day weekend. Maybe Mongo will race into a tree instead? 

Talking with oldedude now for EF on Saturday instead of FH but only if it really rains good on Friday- if so EF can be black dirt good too

Rode FH yesterday, 4 then up to and around 5.  It was raining so we had no concerns of other traffic.  Sadly, the climb out of the canyon on the way to FH Rd for first crossing on way to China Wall has been fixed.  They ran that tractor-thing up it after clearing trees for it, no more single, single track on that section.  

And we rode that new/rerouted section.  Boo.  I liked the climb that has been bypassed and the new section has a LONG straight section, then those switchbacks that are going to be bike-deep ruts real soon, as they are very tight.   FS reports they are attempting to make trails more sustainable

Could be worse, it's still riding.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StuInFH said:

I liked the climb that has been bypassed and the new section has a LONG straight section, then those switchbacks that are going to be bike-deep ruts real soon, as they are very tight.   FS reports they are attempting to make trails more sustainable

The next step for the FS is to make everything quad, SxS and Subaru friendly, because we want EVERYONE to enjoy the forest.....

Nothing in life or this planet is sustainable:banghead:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1.21GW said:

Nothing in life or this planet is sustainable:banghead:

yes that's true.... second law of thermodynamics

That's the new buzzword.  I translate it to expenditure-saving.  If you take out a hillclimb you reduce maintenance work to repair ruts from guys like the wolf that spin their knobbies.  :-)

I see how the long, gradual climb is easier on the hill than the other more abrupt route, but man, those are some tight switchbacks!

Yup tight switchbacks indeed. Glad it’s not just me who thinks so. The problem is the new trail and SBs. are in the same sunny dried very loose sandy like soil of that old tire tread hill climb . The straight easy slope parts will last but time will tell if those SBs need repairs

On 5/26/2018 at 8:47 AM, hockdog said:

The next step for the FS is to make everything quad, SxS and Subaru friendly, because we want EVERYONE to enjoy the forest.....

I rode that last week and it was excellent.  Hey Hocky you remember when I busted a nut on the trail?

That won't happen again because I got fixed now.  #nobustednutforme

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slacko the Clown said:

I rode that last week and it was excellent.  Hey Hocky you remember when I busted a nut on the trail?

That won't happen again because I got fixed now.  #nobustednutforme

Where have you been Scott ?    It's been a while brother , whats been going on ?

Is that 300 still collecting dust in the shed ?